Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)

Go down 
+3
Nocturnal
Heat
Voggis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) Empty
PostSubject: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:39 am

What's your favorite, long forgotten bands/albums/songs from this era?

One of mine faves is the only single Aragorn released while they still were active. The A-side was Black Ice with Noonday on the flipside. The band was one of the first, if not the first band to be heavily inspired by Tolkien and the Lord Of the Rings book....

They also recorded songs for a planned first album, but failed to get it released. The tapes was later rediscovered and included on the Noonday - The Anthology album that was released couple of years ago.

New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) 07f8e941e3e6fe83d23bffe009571ac8
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:28 am

I really like Samson, Raven, Satan and Angel Witch's S/T and Tygers Of Pan Tang's Spellbound.

And an ep by one of the less famous bands...Crufixion's Green Eyes.

And I really want to hear Sledgehammer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 1:48 pm

Iron Maiden are still around, but Powerslave is by far my favourite NWOBHM album - and it's kind of overlooked these days. The Number of the Beast was the album that actually got me into metal in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:26 pm

My favourite lesser known NWOBHM bands are Tysondog and Chateaux!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:40 pm

Satan, Holocaust, Witchfinder General, Saxon, Grim Reaper... It's too many great band in NWOBHM.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Templarius Invictus wrote:
Satan, Holocaust, Witchfinder General, Saxon, Grim Reaper... It's too many great band in NWOBHM.

I like this list here...
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Voggis

Voggis

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:41 am

The obscure NWOBHM band Wolfbane, which later changed name to Blood Money, have compiled their '81 and '82 demos and released it last year. I haven't heard them but it's described it as "early Judas Priest and Black Sabbath mixed with Pagan Altar styled vocals".
Back to top Go down
Nocturnal

Nocturnal

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:20 pm

İ listened the raven before they're also good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.com.tr/user/NovemberRust
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Oh vogg, that name is confusing, just reminds me of Wolfsbane, blaze bayles band before he joined maiden.

NWOBHM is fantastic.

Angel Witch, Tokyo Blade, Tygers of Pan Tang, Satan, Quartz, Pagan Altar, Witchfinder Genreal, Diamond Head and Grim Reaper are some of my favourites of you count out the biggest bands.

And some really unknown stuff that should get more attention is Tyrant who have a complitation album out with all their demos and singles. Fantastic heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
philisthebest

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:38 pm

i really love the nwobhm bands i have stuff from (tank, angel witch, witchfinder general) but i need more!
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:54 am

Look at teh gloorgle Wink.
Back to top Go down
Ankalupe

Ankalupe

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:20 am

I like Samson, Saxon, Angelwitch, Iron Maiden, Grim Reaper etc etc.

I think this era was excellent for many reasons, it was different to the music that were appearing in the world. it marked a before and after in rock and roll.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 pm

It put an end to disco...and that was a good thing....
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:10 pm

BURN BABY BURN, DISCO INFERNO New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) 103223
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:23 pm

the bee gees rule
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)   New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (N.W.O.B.H.M.)
Page 1 of 1