Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread

Go down 
+10
Bastaerd
ahsiakia
HUHHII
Symmachus
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
mygga_med_stil
rawheavygreen
Heat
Voggis
Mash
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread Empty
PostSubject: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:07 pm

I hear from a lot of people that they don't like power metal for whatever reasons (to cheesy, not heavy enough, no harsh vocals, blah blah).

I'm here to tell you that if you give it some time, you may enjoy the music. I didn't like death metal or black metal the first few times I listened. I had to get accustomed to the music before I could appreciate it. That's what needs to be done to appreciate power metal. Here are some PM bands that I really enjoy:

Manticora
Circle II Circle
Wuthering Heights
Running Wild
Pharaoh
Stratovarius
Grave Digger
Mystic Prophecy (I gotta remember to get them on the blog!)
Falconer
Lion's Share
Hibria
Kiuas
Sabaton

I could go on and on. Do yourself a favor and check out some of these bands. Listen to it a few times. Power metal is fucking great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:00 am

I agree with mash 10000%

many people might not get accustomed to it at first. but give it some time.

and manticora, kiuas and grave digger are must haves.

try it out, youre not gonna loose anything...no one is gonna kill you...
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:49 pm

In power metal there is a very thin line between the fabulous bands and the bands that are hillarious pathetic...
Some of the bands I like most it's power metal bands, but at the same time some of the worst I know is also PM...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:52 pm

Yeah, I agree with that point about the thin line. Actually some bands have albums that have a thin line between real good and pathetic. One being Seven Witches, they have 1 really good album and several albums that are laughable.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:02 pm

True, but I find there is a very thin line within all genres of metal... not just power metal.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:03 pm

Yeah, you could probably say that.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Heat wrote:
Yeah, you could probably say that.

I don't know about you, but I have heard death and black metal that made me want to claw my eyes out. The important thing is to not let the shitty bands/albums/songs speak for a genre itself.... which a lot of people do with power metal.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Yeah, a lot of people do it with all types of Metal. Actually we got rid of one asshole that did it all the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:34 pm

It really is sad how that happens. I dunno, I've tried Power Metal, and even things that everyone claimed too be really good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:44 pm

My fav Power Metal bands :

Gamma Ray
Helloween
Nevermore
Iced Earth
Iron Savior
Metal Church
Running Wild
Stormwarrior
Stratovarius

Last edited by Montslaveden on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:00 am

Power metal was the genre that made me listen to metal, for that reason I'll always love it.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:32 pm

maols wrote:
Power metal was the genre that made me listen to metal, for that reason I'll always love it.

Another reason is that PM rules!!!

Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread 193966
Back to top Go down
rawheavygreen

rawheavygreen

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:04 pm

MEDIEVAL STEEL

know what I mean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:59 pm

power metal can be cool sometimes, an easy listen for an easy day Smile my fav bands:
* Pyramaze
* Masterplan
* Sarissa
* Sabaton
* Sonata Arctica
* Lost Horizon
* Nocturnal Rites
* Labyrinth
* Wuthering Heights
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:48 am

What about Manowar? Speaking of Power Metal but not naming the Kings of Metal?! The last two albums.. ok, they are admittedly not that good, but the first albums are among the best that genre has to offer! "Battle Hymns", "Into Glory Ride", "Hail To England", "Sign Of The Hammer" and "Kings Of Metal".. seriously, nothing better to be found! And if you dislike what Joey DeMaio says.. well, the MUSIC is most awesome, so listen to the MUSIC not to the bassplayer talking!

Apart from that I really like the first album by Omen, and I am a big fan of Cirith Ungols first albums, "Frost and Fire" & "King of the Dead".
But I honestly dunno what CU is.. someone called it progressive black metal, some called it Power Metal.. check it out and judge for yourselves!
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:02 am

Sabaton and Nevermore
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:59 am

Der Muenzer wrote:
What about Manowar? Speaking of Power Metal but not naming the Kings of Metal?! The last two albums.. ok, they are admittedly not that good, but the first albums are among the best that genre has to offer! "Battle Hymns", "Into Glory Ride", "Hail To England", "Sign Of The Hammer" and "Kings Of Metal".. seriously, nothing better to be found! And if you dislike what Joey DeMaio says.. well, the MUSIC is most awesome, so listen to the MUSIC not to the bassplayer talking!

Apart from that I really like the first album by Omen, and I am a big fan of Cirith Ungols first albums, "Frost and Fire" & "King of the Dead".
But I honestly dunno what CU is.. someone called it progressive black metal, some called it Power Metal.. check it out and judge for yourselves!

I agree on what you say about Manowar. Their 80's album from Battle Hymns to Kings Of Metal are all good. My fave is Fighting The World, btw. After Kings Of Metal I have more or less ignored their releases, except for Warriors Of the World. The title track is really great, but all in all a rather pale album compared to their classics.

I've heard people saying nice things about Cirith Ungol, and I'll check them out already this evening...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:11 am

Voggis wrote:

I agree on what you say about Manowar. Their 80's album from Battle Hymns to Kings Of Metal are all good. My fave is Fighting The World, btw. After Kings Of Metal I have more or less ignored their releases, except for Warriors Of the World. The title track is really great, but all in all a rather pale album compared to their classics.

The Triumph of Steel is partly insane, it starts off with a 30min opus about Achilles and the fall of Troy.. but on a technically higher level than Venom's "At War with Satan", for instance. If you choose to ignore the last 4 albums thats fine with me, but you really shouldn't miss out on the Achilles-song. It's an interesting experience, trust me :]
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:09 am

Man, in the days I was trying to get into Metal I almost listened to nothing else than Power Metal. Over the years I've come to listen less and less to it though even if I spin my old favourites like Rhapsody and Dark Moor from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:55 am

I was the opposite. I started out listening to thrash and death metal and then started spinning power more and more. Although these days I would say I listen to doom more than anything else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:01 am

The band Rhapsody got me into Metal really. I blame the fact that they are so relatable to Dungeons adn Dragons.
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:09 pm

If you like some raw epic heavy metal, you guys should check out Morningstar, got an album on the blog. : )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Fucking love PM. Im surprised Helloween havent been mentioned. Theyre incredible!
Thoughts on Drsgonforce?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:02 pm

helloween is epic...dragonforce...not a big fan confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:26 pm

I like Dragonforce, tho i must be the only one here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread   Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Power/Heavy Metal Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next