Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Black Sabbath

Go down 
+14
Nihil_
ostler
mygga_med_stil
Sam I Am
Set Abominae
Decay02
Mash
Nefarious_Priest
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
rawheavygreen
dr.nutslap
GodlessEndeavor
Heat
Voggis
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Black Sabbath - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 7:09 pm

For me Black Sabbath died when Technical Ecstasy was released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:16 am

Yeah...pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:20 am

Yeah, ok....

Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, Tyr, Dehumanizer and Cross Purposes are all DEAD Black Sabbath albums right. Cmon now those are 7 great Sabbath albums and quite a few of them completely BLOW Ozzy era stuff out of the water.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:08 pm

You have to look at it from an older guys perspective. My musical tastes were defined by the likes of Volume 4 and Master of Reality, because there was nothing else out there like them. They had an aura about them which was totally different to the likes of Deep Purple and Led Zep etc. There was something menacing about them. Sabotage was slated on its release, but it still had numerous excellent tracks including one of their most iconic (Symptom of the Universe).After that Sabbath sounded tired.

Now I'm not knocking Heaven and Hell etc,and indeed some may be better than some of the latter Ozzy era albums, but they're not the Black Sabbath who inspired thousands of kids to start bands and play heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:20 pm

sabbathian wrote:
You have to look at it from an older guys perspective. My musical tastes were defined by the likes of Volume 4 and Master of Reality, because there was nothing else out there like them. They had an aura about them which was totally different to the likes of Deep Purple and Led Zep etc. There was something menacing about them. Sabotage was slated on its release, but it still had numerous excellent tracks including one of their most iconic (Symptom of the Universe).After that Sabbath sounded tired.

Now I'm not knocking Heaven and Hell etc,and indeed some may be better than some of the latter Ozzy era albums, but they're not the Black Sabbath who inspired thousands of kids to start bands and play heavy metal.

They most certainly are. Matter of fact. Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules probably had more of an impact than earlier sabbath as far as inspiring kids to pick up an instrument.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:55 pm

BLACK SABBATH is my favorite band of all time. Of course I speak only of the Ozzy-era.
For me his heirs natural are the WITCHFINDER GENERAL.
Phil Cope seems to have taken guitar lessons from Iommi.
Zeeb Parkes when sing, seems Ozzy.
Of course also for the WFG i speak only of the Zeeb-era.

have you ever heard the first demo of Black Sabbath?
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:03 pm

protodoom wrote:
BLACK SABBATH is my favorite band of all time. Of course I speak only of the Ozzy-era.
For me his heirs natural are the WITCHFINDER GENERAL.
Phil Cope seems to have taken guitar lessons from Iommi.
Zeeb Parkes when sing, seems Ozzy.
Of course also for the WFG i speak only of the Zeeb-era.

have you ever heard the first demo of Black Sabbath?

Please put all download links in DOWNLOAD section.

Thank you.

Heat
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Master Of Reality and Volume 4, along with Deep Purple Burn and In Rock and a couple of Kiss albums defined my musical taste back in the day (summer of '81 to be exactly).

Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest and even Kiss inspired a lot of bands in the 80's but nowadays they hardly do.Why? Cause up to 1980 they were the most extreme bands around musically, image and attitude wise. New bands came and took the extreme to a new level, inspired even more bands to go even further.

That's how 70's hard rock evolved into heavy metal, further into thrash metal, death metal and finally into black metal and other extreme forms of metal.

Black Sabbath's impact on the music scene in the late 70's and 80's is undeniable, including the Dio era of the band, but today most teenagers couldn't care less.

And yes...BS did a lot of really good albums after Dio left, but their musical legacy was already sealed and other bands had taken over they place...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:52 pm

Hear hear
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:00 pm

The thing is...You can't claim to be a Sabbath fan and make a statement like "Black Sabbath died when Technical Ecstasy was released" Some of their best material came after Technical Ecstasy regardless of the influence they may or may not have had on kids wanting to play music.

Yes, of course their earlier music with Ozzy was groundbreaking and no one was making any type of records any where near what they were at the time.

But, the fact of the matter still remains that post Ozzy they have put out some really really good albums.

In fact talent wise, Ozzy is by FAR the worst of their three main vocalists.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Heat wrote:

Most singers would be compared to Ronnie James Dio, Ian Gillan, Glenn Hughes and Ray Gillen. Ozzy got one of, if not, the most unique voice in metal. In metal that is in most cases just as important than technical skills....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:33 pm

I am still a fan of Black Sabbath......Ozzy era Sabbath, just as I'm a fan of, say, early Cathedral rather than middle period. Its just that my music tastes changed along with Dio era Sabbath, therefore we went off on a tangent.

I do have a copy of the Heaven and Hell live album, and , indeed, on a recent long trip to Aberdeen, it was the first thing played from the iPod.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Voggis wrote:
Heat wrote:

Most singers would be compared to Ronnie James Dio, Ian Gillan, Glenn Hughes and Ray Gillen. Ozzy got one of, if not, the most unique voice in metal. In metal that is in most cases just as important than technical skills....

Maybe unique but I am talking over all talent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:12 pm

I think what Voggis means is that apart from singing voice, stage presence also counts for a lot.I've seen Ozzy, Dio and Gillan several times.Ozzy with Sabbath, and Blizzard of Oz, Dio with Rainbow, and Ian Gillan with Deep Purple and The Ian Gillan Band. Dio and Gillan were great, but Ozzy had this Iconic aura about him, which the others didn't have.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:18 pm

I'll give you that. Ozzy probably does have the best stage presence of the 3. I have seen them all live numerous times as well so I can agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Decay02

Decay02

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:33 pm

It's funny because my three favourite Sabbath albums come from three different "Eras" of Black Sabbath. Sabotage, Heaven and Hell and Tyr respectively. Iommi has always been Sabbath in my opinion, the singers while important were inconsequential to my listening experience.

I see the argument "I only listen to early Ozzy Sabbath" a lot and I get it. It's nothing exclusive to Sabbath. Friends of mine who love Candlemass only listen to albums with Messiah on vocals and refuse to listen to anything with Lowe as they consider it "not Candlemass". It's their right however much I may disagree with it.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:01 am

In any case, Black Sabbath is an amazing band, and in my opinion, it's ridiculous to argue over what was the better era.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 am

I agree...the only somewhat mediocre albums was the last two they did. Forbidden and Cross Purposes. I'm not the biggest fan of Technical Ecstasy either. Three weak albums of 18 isn't that bad....
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:08 am

Not at all!
I like all areas of Black Sabbath, but my favourite will always be ozzy. Sabbath Bloody sabbath could very well be the best album ever made..,

But dio as well did some really great albums with heaven and hell and so on

Born again is not my favourite album, but it is still good..

And for the tony martin era both TYR and Dehumanizer are great albums.
Back to top Go down
Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:33 am

ozzy and dio is like barlow and owens in iced earth...

dio and owens both are more skillful with their voices/ranges but ozzy and barlow just both have a better voice even if they lack as much as skill as the other...
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:37 am

Set Abominae wrote:
ozzy and dio is like barlow and owens in iced earth...

dio and owens both are more skillful with their voices/ranges but ozzy and barlow just both have a better voice even if they lack as much as skill as the other...

I disagree.

Dio has a much better voice than Ozzy..... in my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Sam I Am

Sam I Am

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:31 am

I love all things Sabbath, Sabotage is by far my favorite album. I'm also reading Ozzy's new book "I Am Ozzy". Good read so far.
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:28 am

Dio and Ozzy all the way. Shame they don't get along.
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:33 am

All areas with Black Sabbath is great, it is weird to compare ozzy era to0 dio era though for they changed direction.

Heaven and hell for example sounds nothing alike sabbath bloody sabbath but they are stil two amazing albun. Regardless of the singer black Sabbath stands tall.
Back to top Go down
ostler

ostler

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Sabbath are by far my favourite band. Love every album to bits. I'm a complete Iommi fanboy. tongue Love his solo stuff, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath   Black Sabbath - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next