Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Eyehategod

Go down 
    5 posters
    AuthorMessage

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:10 pm

Eyehategod, where do I start? I'm sure the name may turn a lot of people off to the band. Honestly though, I don't take names/lyrics that serious so it's none effective to me(although, I'm not offened by it anyway.)

So, once you've got the name out the way, they're one of the biggest sludge bands, ever. Not really sure why but, they're hugely famous in the genre itself. comparing to any other band of the genre. I'm a pretty big fan of this music myself, I've got all the albums and I think a split they've done with someone. Honestly though, anything you can get your hands on by them is good if you're into sludge.

So, any fans? If not check them out. Dopesick is the most famous album, I'd say check it. Although, anything is good.

Btw, the splits I've got are the splits with 13, two of them.
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:21 pm

I love this band. I only have two of their albums but they are both awesome.
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Eyehategod is definatly one of my favorite bands in the sludge genre. That's how i got the name LeftToStarve hehe.
    Dopesick comes second to Take As Needed For Pain for me.
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:49 am

So far i have "Dopesick" and "southern discomfort" and both of them are great albums.
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:35 am

Cheese wrote:
    So far i have "Dopesick" and "southern discomfort" and both of them are great albums.

Dopesick is probably the most popular album they've got. Very cool album, actually.
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:57 am

agreed
    its awesome
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:30 am

EyeHateGod is kick ass. "Dopesick", "Preaching the End-Time Message" and "Take As Needed for Pain" are probably my favorites, great listens all the way 'round. But definitely not a group everyone would be into, for some reason they think amp feedback is a music note, broken glass and dirty heroin needles are instruments.
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:12 am

They kick ass, indeed. Furhtermore I like the really sick atmosphere created by sick vocals and strange sounds. :bam:
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:35 pm

The only good thing Phil Ans-whatever ever did...
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:38 pm

:joker:
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Since when has Phil Anselmo been in EHG? All he did was bail Mike Williams out of jail when he got locked up getting out of NOLA after Katrina. So that they could make a new EHG album, but instead they started Outlaw Order, while Jimmy Bower plays drums in Down.
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 5:51 pm

GodMachine wrote:
    Since when has Phil Anselmo been in EHG? All he did was bail Mike Williams out of jail when he got locked up getting out of NOLA after Katrina. So that they could make a new EHG album, but instead they started Outlaw Order, while Jimmy Bower plays drums in Down.
    Dude, he produced 'em.
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Yea, I thought you meant he was actually in the group. My bad.
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:10 am

Phil was in Down, and Superjoint Ritual, they're both ok.
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Yea, those are the only things Phil ever was in that I cared about. Pantera was old to me real quick.
    Back to top Go down
    Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:15 am

Listening to Dopesick now. I really like the crushing atmosphere they produce. Not sure whether I like the vocals or not though, they seem very, uhm for lack of a better word, core?
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:21 am

Well EyeHateGod are technically considered Sludgecore and not just Sludge Metal, so that's probably why.
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:30 am

I've never heard them referred to as Sludgecore. Sludge yes, never Sludgecore though.
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:49 am

Really? Sludgecore is really all I've ever heard them described as. But as long as Sludge is in there somewhere, it doesn't matter a whole lot.
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:09 pm

I've heard Sludgecore. I don't care if they're sludgecore or sludge, they kickass. Honestly though, I like some 'core' type stuff.
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 am

Let's give these guys a bump. And you guys are fucking crazy, no core here.
    Back to top Go down

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:08 pm

greattttt band
    Back to top Go down
    EvilFever
    EvilFever

Number of posts : 1511
    Registration date : 2010-01-09

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Can't wait to see them in about a week and a half Smile
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.bloody-forest.blogspot.com
    Doomsayer

Doomsayer

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-05-24

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:18 am

Sludge is my absolute favorite sub-genre. But I could never really get into EyeHateGod. I have all of their albums but whenever I listen to them nothing ever really stands out.

Didn't help matters that when I saw them live they made some comments which seemed to suggest less-than-enlightened racial attitudes, which was kind of a turn-off.

But they're playing Maryland Deathfest this weekend so I'll try to give them another shot; try to hear what I'm missing.
    Back to top Go down
    ostler

ostler

Number of posts : 197
    Registration date : 2010-03-06

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Never had any time for these guys. Uninspired.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Eyehategod Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Eyehategod   Eyehategod I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eyehategod
    Page 1 of 1