Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

[CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick

Go down 
    AuthorMessage

[CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick Empty
    PostSubject: [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick   [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Album: Dopesick
    Artist: Eyehategod
    Lable: Century Media
    Playtime: 37:47
    Released April 2, 1996
    Genre: Sludge metal
    Producer: Billy Anderson

Members:
    Mike Williams – Vocals
    Jimmy Bower – Guitar
    Brian Patton – Guitar
    Joey LaCaze – Drums
    Vince LeBlanc – Bass

Playlist:
    1. My Name Is God
    2. Dogs Holy Life
    3. Masters of Legalized Confusion
    4. Dixie Whiskey
    5. Ruptured Heart Theory
    6. Non Conductive Negative Reasoning
    7. Lack of Almost Everything
    8. Zero Nowhere
    9. Methamphetamine
    10. Peace Thru War
    11. Broken Down But Not Locked Up
    12. Anxiety Hangover

Information;

Sludge is pretty much defined by Eyehategod. Personally, in my opinion this is Eyehategod's defining album. This is easily one of my very favorite Sludge albums ever, and really albums in all genres. This band has really been one of my favorite bands since I merged into Doom and Sludge metal. Something about all the Feedback and the amped up Sludge and everything combinded on this album just takes it to a new level for me. The raw emotion in this album just draws me in, easily one of the most emotional-like albums I've ever listened too. You can just hear the pain and suffering in the music. Black Sabbath are a main influence on this bands music, along with The Melvins, The Obsessed and, Black Flag. A lot of the songs on this album very covered by different bands for 'For the Sick' which is an Eyehategod tribute.

I don't know where to start about the album itself. I guess we'll start off by talking about vocals. Mike Williams vocals are just an emotional journey so-to-speak. They just allow you to hear the pain and the suffering and the 'doom' he sings about. Jimmy Bower lay's down some really sick sludgey riffs throughout this album. Brian Patton help's Bower with those sludgey southern like riffs. If I had to use one word to explain the bass lines in this album, I'd explain it by saying 'fat'. Those basslines are very key parts of this album. The drumming is also very cool on this album. Joey LaCaze is just an on-off drummer so to speak he can pick them up on a dime and stop them on a dime. This album overall is very strung out. The noise in this album just adds too the very odd atmosphere it seats up. On this album 'Anxiety Hangover' is the one that noise really adds to the song. The music is really hostile sounding.

Overall this is a very depressing, noise, and agressive album. It's very bluesy, heavy, slow tempo'ed, and did I say agressive?
    I highly suggest this album to anyone thats looking to get into Sludge or Eyehategod. They're pretty much the defining band in this genre.
    I give this an album 10/10, for pretty much being the sickest of Eyehategod albums, and overall really giving Sludge influence.

Last edited by Dopesmoker on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick   [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:25 pm

I had just started a review for this album when I saw this, I'll just do another EHG album.

Good review by the way, this is an excellent album for anyone looking to get into sludge.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick   [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:52 am

Thanks. Yeah great for anyone looking to get into Sludge. I'll probably review something less known tomorrow afternoon/night.
    Back to top Go down
    Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick   [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:32 pm

I don't know much about sludge but I'll definatly check this album out, I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick   [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Yes sir check it out. They're enjoyable. If you like them post on thier thread and I'll send you some more sludge bands.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick   [CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[CD] Eyehategod - Dopesick
    Page 1 of 1