Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dark Tranquillity

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:25 am

No matter what im obsessed with these guys...

Melodic Death Metal from Sweden.

Fiction is my favourite so far, and their live album is friggin amazing. one of the few bands that actually sound better LIVE.

anyway, check em out if you havent.

http://www.myspace.com/dtofficial
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:01 pm

Awesome Melodic Death Metal. Actuallyone of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:09 pm

My mate really, REALLY likes these guys, but I haven't heard much of them except for when we're in his car. Should I check out an album? Which one?
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:10 am

This is a good band. I am not a fan of melodic death but this is definitely BASIC stuff when you want to share rest of your life with that type of music. And yes I agree - life shows of them are nice and very solid in performance. Band worth of your time!
Back to top Go down
Vagabond

Vagabond

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:19 pm

BUMP so one of you cunts can recommend me an album :hand:
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 am

These guys are amazing and they're one of the best live bands I know Smile

Vagabond wrote:
My mate really, REALLY likes these guys, but I haven't heard much of them except for when we're in his car. Should I check out an album? Which one?

Personal favourites are check out Damage Done and Character. Also Haven and Fiction are amazing. Hell they are all amazing, but I first fell in love with Damage Done at least Smile
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:53 pm

I saw them last year... or the year before and i thought they were pants. i was really dissapointed because i love theyre studio work
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:54 pm

They're just not for me. Or I guess maybe just Melodic stuff in general hardly.
Back to top Go down
Gast

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:06 am

I have all of their albums. Dark Tranquillity is a great band. I must admit that I like their experimental albums, namely Projector and Haven the most.
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:09 pm

I only have Fiction which I bought from a bargain bin at some second hand CD shop but what a find. Gotta be my favourite MeloDeath album.
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:13 pm

damientheomen wrote:
I only have Fiction which I bought from a bargain bin at some second hand CD shop but what a find. Gotta be my favourite MeloDeath album.

Fiction is a very good album Smile Sometimes I forget about it but when I listen to it again from time to time I realize that it's really amazing Smile you should take a look at the other releases as well Smile
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:17 am

Termedea wrote:
damientheomen wrote:

Fiction is a very good album Smile Sometimes I forget about it but when I listen to it again from time to time I realize that it's really amazing Smile you should take a look at the other releases as well Smile

Could be done. What's Lost To Apathy like? Seems like a bargain on Amazon but the only problem with that being that it always seems that the cheapest is 'the worst album they've ever made'.
Back to top Go down
Gast

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:55 am

damientheomen wrote:
Termedea wrote:
damientheomen wrote:

Could be done. What's Lost To Apathy like? Seems like a bargain on Amazon but the only problem with that being that it always seems that the cheapest is 'the worst album they've ever made'.

Personally I wouldn't get this one yet, since it is an EP. The titletrack is from the album Character.
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:32 am

Character is an awesome album...but yeah i recommend Character rather than lost to apathy, although it is a good album
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:42 am

great cheers
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Die Happy wrote:

Personally I wouldn't get this one yet, since it is an EP. The titletrack is from the album Character.

My blonde kicked in there, was looking at the tracklisting for Character thinking I was talking about Lost To Apathy. DOIDOIDOI. Either way, listened to some stuff on YouTube and it's definately on my 'To Get' list.
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 4:08 pm

LoL I remember that I wanted t-shirt of the Character album ^^ anyway DT really know how to play gothenburg metal, I love them, they have so many thrash sounds !!
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:10 pm

I would recomment fiction or character:P although all of their albums are good in their own way. *bump*
Back to top Go down
Vagabond

Vagabond

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:49 pm

I gave 2 of their albums a listen and they just didn't do it for me. Ah well, to each their own in the weird and wonderful world of metal.
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:10 am

One of my favv bands ! Projector and Fiction, and world EP
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:13 pm

Am I really the first to say that The Gallery owns all Melodeath?! :o Really great album, and easily my favourite, though I have all of theirs. My second favourite is Projector, since Stanne has a really good singing voice on that album as well. And it was bound to happen that Melodeath gets less and less death metal. Which isn't really a bad thing, as long as they don't sell out like IF. And Dark Tranquillity really didn't get worse as they went on, surprising as that is for bands of the genre.
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:16 pm

Vagabond wrote:
I gave 2 of their albums a listen and they just didn't do it for me. Ah well, to each their own in the weird and wonderful world of metal.

Give Character a shot man, its their heaviest one, and my favourite.
Back to top Go down
Vagabond

Vagabond

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm

Yeah I like Character, it just doesn't do much for me. I listen to it occasionally when having a beer with my mate because he LOVES that album, it's cool back ground music but other than that it didn't do much for me, dunno why hey.
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:20 am

bah, you cant please everyone tongue

but character is one helluvan album

i want a new album...
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Their new album We Are The Void has leaked now!
It sounded as expected, nothing really new except one track. Stil solid stuff though, one of the few melodeath bands that are stil good..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Tranquillity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity   Dark Tranquillity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next