Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Norwegian Black Metal?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Norwegian Black Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:07 am

You into it? Like it? who's your favourite?
Norwegian Black Metal? 103223
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:37 am

I'm into classic Norwegian Black Metal, no particular favourites though In the Woods if they were still going would definitely be up there.
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:04 pm

How can you like Black Metal but not the Norwegian bands is what I wanna know. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Podgie

Podgie

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:57 pm

I wouldn't say I was really into it.. (I think a couple of the 'bigger' Norwegian bands get way too much credit than they deserve - such as Darkthrone and Gorgoroth. That's just my opinion though!) but my favourites would probably have to be the legendary Emperor, and Tsjuder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:12 pm

in what way thus Darkthrone and Gorgoroth get too much credit? are you unaware of their extremely big importance in shaping the second wave of black metal?
Back to top Go down
Podgie

Podgie

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Well, it's only my opinion.. but I think Gorgoroth musically, are very, very weak. I don't think they've been an extremely big importance in shaping the second wave of black metal either.

Darkthrone however, have. And I like Darkthrone, I just don't love them, and I never will. Of course I'm aware of their importance and influence on modern black metal, I just don't think they're all that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:13 pm

if Gorgoroth isn't very important then you shouldn't have any problems naming many other black metal albums that came out at the same time as Pentagram that used the vocals as an rhythmic instrument in the same way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:22 pm

Podgie wrote:
And I like Darkthrone, I just don't love them, and I never will. Of course I'm aware of their importance and influence on modern black metal, I just don't think they're all that.

if they're not all that, can you then explain were black metal would without A Blaze in the Northern Sky? black metal would just be an raw offshoot of death/thrash for several years since Beherit and Von would be to obscure to make an big international impact
Back to top Go down
Podgie

Podgie

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:42 pm

HOTDOGDAY89 wrote:
if Gorgoroth isn't very important then you shouldn't have any problems naming many other black metal albums that came out at the same time as Pentagram that used the vocals as an rhythmic instrument in the same way

1994 was an incredibly strong year for Norwegian black metal. Mayhem's De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas and Emperor's In The Nightside Eclipse were released (which are both undoubtedly classics of the genre), as well as Burzum's Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and Darkthrone's Transilvanian Hunger. All great albums - which I personally, would rank above Gorgoroth's Pentagram. As for trying to name another album which used vocals as a rhythmic instrument in the same way as Pentagram did, I don't know, and nor do I really care to be honest. I'm not going to waste my time arguing about a band I don't particularly like. I'm sure you can appreciate that.

HOTDOGDAY89 wrote:
if they're not all that, can you then explain were black metal would without A Blaze in the Northern Sky? black metal would just be an raw offshoot of death/thrash for several years since Beherit and Von would be to obscure to make an big international impact

I'm not doubting the impact A Blaze in the Northern Sky or Darkthrone had on the black metal scene.. "I just don't think they're all that" is nothing but one man's opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:27 pm

i'm talking in terms of historical importance and impact, not opinion. whether you like or care doesn't change the facts.
Darkthrone and Gorgoroth doesn't get way too much credit than they deserve like you claim. your statement is wrong and i corrected you
if you ment that you don't like Darkthrone and Gorgoroth as much as many other black metal fans do, then it's ok. you should just have phrased your post better
Back to top Go down
Podgie

Podgie

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:34 pm

I should have phrased MY post better? Bullshit. I made what I meant quite clear. You seem to be looking for an argument with me which simply isn't there. Norwegian Black Metal? 965191
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:52 pm

you deny posting this?
Podgie wrote:
I think a couple of the 'bigger' Norwegian bands get way too much credit than they deserve - such as Darkthrone and Gorgoroth.
i have seen this kind of bullshit on other forums were some people try pretend that historical important bands are not important becase they are overated in their eyes. i'm not accusing you of this, but i get the vibe from the way you phrase you post. thats all.
Back to top Go down
Podgie

Podgie

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:05 pm

I don't want to sound like an arsehole or anything man, but do I need to teach you a lesson in English grammar? It's simple.. I think implies that it's just my opinion. Which means you have no reason to be so defensive.

I said more than once that I'm not doubting the impact Darkthrone had on the black metal scene.. I did however say I don't think Gorgoroth have been an 'extremely big importance in shaping the second wave of black metal' - but that's just my view on it. There's is no definitive right or wrong answer, and deep down, does it really fucking matter to you what I think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:55 pm

now now then, calm down guys. No doubt that both Darkthrone and Gorgoroth has made a great impact on BM in Norway, and there is no doubt that you two disagree on each others way of expression of meanings. But I think there is a point in both's statements. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:58 pm

And I must add, Living in Norway...knowing a great deal of todays well-known bands in the BM world. I've been told that Gorgoroth has shaped the BM STAGE, By that I mean performance, not musically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norwegian Black Metal?   Norwegian Black Metal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Norwegian Black Metal?
Page 1 of 1