Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

First metal band you ever heard?

Go down 
+8
Voggis
jjbeerj
GodlessEndeavor
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Heat
Mash
EvilFever
Nihil_
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Nihil_
Nihil_

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2010-03-23

First metal band you ever heard? Empty
PostSubject: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Thought this would be a fun topic Smile

It's easy just post the first metal band you ever heard or the first that got you into listening to this genre.

I got into metal pretty late cause it wasn't those traditional bands that first got me into metal. For me it was a combination of Sonata Arctica and In Flames which I'm grateful that it's because of those bands that I listen to metal today but I don't listen to them anymore because I can't stand them now except some of the old In Flames albums, which are classics ofc Wink
Back to top Go down
EvilFever
EvilFever

Number of posts : 1511
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:31 pm

I'm pretty sure mine was Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bloody-forest.blogspot.com
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Metallica...

I bought the ...and Justice for All album because I thought the cover looked cool. Been a metal fan ever since.

First metal band you ever heard? Metallica_and_justice_for_all

Last edited by Mash on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 pm

Judas Priest- Screaming For Vengeance..My Uncle played it for me and my head almost fell off...That was is for me...
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Iron Maiden and Metallica i think then In Flames after that.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Iron Maiden. Loved 'em and Metal ever since
Back to top Go down
jjbeerj

jjbeerj

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Does Helmet count?
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Sure.
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:06 pm

The first metal/hard rock bands I got into was back in the cold and rainy summer of '81. My father borrowed a pile of cassettes from my uncle. Among them a couple of albums by Black Sabbath, Deep Purple. Kiss, Thin Lizzy, Rainbow and Nazareth.
I have always considered Burn and In Rock by Deep Purple as the albums that really got me into this kind of music. Back then I only liked just a few song by each band, but those two albums was played front to back the whole summer. I remember how I reacted on the starting riff of the Burn song the first time I heard it. Still got goosebumps when I listen to that song.

I think I stuck with those bands until 1984 or something when heavy metal was starting picking up airplay on the radio (Swedish ones as I lived near the border). It was this guy Pär Fontander who used to play like three or four songs by "metal" bands as a part of a show. It was here I first heard bands like Accept, Priest, Maiden, Metal Church and Metallica. He eventually got his own 45 minute metal show called RockBox and it became my most important place to discover new bands for years.
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:20 pm

hmmmm first metal band... i guess if rob zombie counts then rob zombie... was searching my dads music collection and that caught my eye...
but if rob zombie doesnt count then the year after that i was going through my uncles cassette tapes... i was prob 10 years old at the time and black sabbath paranoid was one of them. that one really caught my eye, i kinda stayed in the classic rock area of like pink floyd and such for a while til about 14 when i started listening to rammstein and tool then system of a down. eventually my cousin started listening to nu-metal with bands like korn and slipknot... i liked the heavier sound but it didnt really sit well with me. bout a year after that i got the soundtrack for the texas chainsaw massacre the remake in 2003. it had meshuggah, morbid angel and lamb of god... i instantly fell in love with the harsh vocals and the raw and chainsaw like guitars. after that i started looking online to expand my musical horizons and ive been a major metalhead ever since.
Back to top Go down
Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:24 am

Exactly the same as what Mash said.
Back to top Go down
Stazanashi

Stazanashi

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 am

hey guys, i haven't been here for some time, but now i'm back!

Mine was Gamma Ray, Land of the Free I. My sis played it untill i loved it. It's still one of my fav albums.
Back to top Go down
schadenfroh

schadenfroh

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:55 am

poison "open up & say... ahh!" First metal band you ever heard? 156850
Back to top Go down
http://www.big.kh.ua/
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:51 am

schadenfroh wrote:
poison "open up & say... ahh!" First metal band you ever heard? 156850

Ahhh yes, Poison. I remember playing "Open Up and Say Ahhh" on my cassette deck player while playing Double Dragon on my Nintendo!! First metal band you ever heard? 10780
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:57 am

Stazanashi wrote:
hey guys, i haven't been here for some time, but now i'm back!

Mine was Gamma Ray, Land of the Free I. My sis played it untill i loved it. It's still one of my fav albums.

Hey man...Welcome back!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First metal band you ever heard?   First metal band you ever heard? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First metal band you ever heard?
Page 1 of 1