Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know Empty
PostSubject: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Black Sabbath- The Devil Knows is an excellent album by one of the gretaest Heavy/Doom Metal bands of all time.

Atom And Evil is Sabbath at their finest, slow and very doomy. A great chugging riff that really makes for a very good opener that sets the tempo for the album.

Fear After the the extremely slow opener, Fear kicks off with a little faster and more up tempo riff. Dio sounds as demonic and powerful as ever. Razor sharp guitar work by Iommi.

Bible Black My personal favorite opens with some nice acoustic guitar, overlaid with soaring guitar. Dio is once again right on the mark and really makes you feel it. Then comes Iommi and the monster riff. Tony shreds like an animal during the solo. Undoubtedly this is Iommi at his best.

Double The Pain starts starts with a strange bass riff before lurching into another doomy – but more mid-tempo – sludge fest. This one sounds a lot like Dio's solo work. Again there is another fantastic solo.

Rock N Roll Angel is probably the weakest track on the album but still not bad.

The Turn Of The Screw A very doomy riff gives this one a Candlemass type sound but just a bit more uptempo.

Eating The Cannibals Pretty decent rockin riff a break from the doomy gloominess of the album. Iommi once again is satanic in his solo.

Follow The Tears is my second favorite song on the album. This song is H & H just having fun. And another wicked solo in this one.

Neverwhere Not a bad song but doesn’t conjure up quite the testosterone pace or glorified pessimism of the rest of the album.

Breaking Into Heaven The album closer is much like the beginning, and huge slow doomy riff backed by ride-bell and minimal drums.

Undoubtedly will be one of the best releases of 2009.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Great review Heat! This album fucking RULES!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:37 pm

This is a very sick album. Honestly, my favorite with Dio I think, haha.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Yeah dude, I am so happy it is good. I was waiting for this one for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:27 pm

I love this album, I really do. I had no idea what to expect but my god I'm impressed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:26 pm

I had extremely high expectations and after I first listened to it, I was a bit disappointed. But fortunately, my first impression changed quickly. The Devil You Know is an absolutely awesome record with four musicians who simply act godlike. "Bible Black" is already a classic and with "Atom&Evil", "Double The Pain", "Turn Of The Screw" and "Eating The Cannibals" there a lot of other brilliant songs. "Fear", "Follow The Tears" and "Breaking Into Heaven" are bit weaker imo but still very good songs. There could have been a bit more faster songs, but I quickly appreciated the slower songs after some time. I first thought that "Atom&Evil" was a very unsuitable opener, but it`s in fact bloody brilliant Wink I highly recommend this album to every metal fan.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:51 pm

Iommi is simply a GOD...
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:26 pm

"Breaking Into Heaven" is an awesome song.... and a great closer!
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:34 pm

I like just about every song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm

I heared the album and it kicked my ass Very Happy Realy good album my favorites by far are Atom & Evil, Bible Black and Follow The Tears. Arealy cool album and maybe it will be in my top 10 albums of 2009 year. The only weak thing about it is maybe the album cover... dunno I just didn't like it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:02 am

Great review but I have to say that the album was a bit of dissapointment. Good album though. I also have ever not been so much into the Dio-era Sabbath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:53 pm

This album really impressed me, i expected something like a medium album...
But fuck, ITS AWESOME!!!!
Some tracks reminded me even the ozzy era, Atom & Evil for me is totally Doom!!!
Until now, the best album so far of this year!!

Iommi is God !!!
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:53 pm

People that are disappointed at this album need a reality check. Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know 965191
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:38 am

I really need to get around to listening to this album. I had good expectations when I saw them in concert, but, I was comparing them directly to Black Sabbath, so I might have been a little harsh when I thought they were "ok". I hear good things, though. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:25 pm

I was really disappointed. Oh well I think i was aiming too high.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:29 pm

I dont understand when people say they are disappointed with this album. What the fuck were you expecting?? In my opinion this album is great. The instrumentals are fantastic (especially the doomy guitar riffs) and Dio's vocals are fucking spot on..... The songs are fucking epic and memorable. What more do you fucking want???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:01 pm

Mash wrote:
I dont understand when people say they are disappointed with this album. What the fuck were you expecting?? In my opinion this album is great.

Notice how you wrote "in my opinion", my opinion is that The Devil you Know is boring. You know, each to their own and all that bull. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:26 am

Yeah, that's why I bolded he word "opinion". I just don't understand how a Dio/Sabbath fan could not like this album..... but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:31 am

I agree, the album is fantastic, Iommi is fucking amazing as always, and Dio what more can you say, the man is still a beast vocally. The songwriting is damn good lyrically.

Anyone that thinks otherwise would seem to be just someone that likes to hear themselves complain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:13 pm

Heat wrote:

Anyone that thinks otherwise would seem to be just someone that likes to hear themselves complain.

No, you will find it is someone with an opinion different to yours.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Ok Slaytanic, so what were you expecting with this album? I am just curious to know...
Back to top Go down
Hungryfreak

Hungryfreak

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Great review.

"Turn Of The Screw" is fucking evil! Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know 381946
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:54 pm

To be honest, what the problem was I built the album up too much, I had a countdown on my blog, it was a huge topic of conversation with friends. To be honest it just bores me, its too samey the whole way through. The band does sound amazing, but I have never been a huge fan of any Dio era Sabbath, it just seems to missing any type of spark, the album sounds tired, like its been done before.

I'm just curious to know why it seems that I should automatically rate this as one of the best albums of the year? I'm not trying to start an argument here but why is it so hard to respect my opinion?
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:12 pm

Slaytanic wrote:
I have never been a huge fan of any Dio era Sabbath, it just seems to missing any type of spark, the album sounds tired, like its been done before.

Well, this may be the problem. If you weren't much of a fan of Dio era Sabbath, why would you expect this album to be more likable?

Slaytanic wrote:
I'm just curious to know why it seems that I should automatically rate this as one of the best albums of the year? I'm not trying to start an argument here but why is it so hard to respect my opinion?

Disagreeing with an opinion and disrespecting an opinion are different things. I respect your opinion (as I do all opinions outside of sheer ridiculousness) but I just disagree with it.

The album does sound of familiarity of earlier work from the musicians involved, but that is one thing I really like about it. I'm just curious as to what you were expecting, especially since you aren't a huge fan of Dio era Sabbath?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:21 pm

Mash wrote:
Slaytanic wrote:
I have never been a huge fan of any Dio era Sabbath, it just seems to missing any type of spark, the album sounds tired, like its been done before.

Well, this may be the problem. If you weren't much of a fan of Dio era Sabbath, why would you expect this album to be more likable?

Slaytanic wrote:

Disagreeing with an opinion and disrespecting an opinion are different things. I respect your opinion (as I do all opinions outside of sheer ridiculousness) but I just disagree with it.

The album does sound of familiarity of earlier work from the musicians involved, but that is one thing I really like about it. I'm just curious as to what you were expecting, especially since you aren't a huge fan of Dio era Sabbath?

I was hoping the band were coming into the studio with new ideas, why reform and record a new album after so long (17 years) and do pretty much the same thing all over again? Like I said I was expecting too much, I'm not the newbie to metal anymore and Sabbath aren't the greatest band in the world (like I thought they were as a fresh faced 15 year old) haha maybe I was hoping for some Enslaved styled progression, you never know how my mind works.

I keep forgetting how old Sabbath are (they are older than my parents), they are old school in every way.

To stop any battles or arguments lets agree to disagree. All good? You never know I might come back to this album in 6 months time and praise it as the second coming. It has happened before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know   Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven & Hell- The Devil You Know
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next