Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Custom User Title

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should we keep the user ranks?
Keep 'em
Custom User Title I_vote_lcap20%Custom User Title I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
Loose 'em
Custom User Title I_vote_lcap25%Custom User Title I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
I dont give a shit
Custom User Title I_vote_lcap50%Custom User Title I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
What the hell are user ranks?
Custom User Title I_vote_lcap5%Custom User Title I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:04 pm

We should be able to have a custom user title. "Puss oozing infected tool" and stuff like that sucks and is not even funny or useful...
Back to top Go down
rawheavygreen

rawheavygreen

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:06 pm

oh shit stepped over the line
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:10 pm

ok, i think i said this before...but anyway.

its called a rank. and tbh, i cant really make a new rank for every new memeber...because that would simply be too much of a pain in the ass. the members themselves cant do it, i checked. so if you want, ill start a vote...keep it or loose it

other than that, im sorry but its not possible for every member to make their own rank. like i said, i looked for that option, but its not available.
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:34 pm

On other forums i visit it's possible to write whatever you want there, if you can't do it here, might as well lose those horrible title...
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:41 pm

this forum provider thing dosent offer that option.

vote, and we'll see
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:46 pm

dont be mad about it, it's not so important.
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Liara wrote:
dont be mad about it, it's not so important.
Who's mad? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:04 pm

i was absolutely sure that YOU were clown
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm a mod, so I don't give a shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Get rid of them.
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:18 pm

Voted for get rid of them.

Why? It´s simple.

They´re not very funny nor "individual", but if you ask me, I´d get rid of the number of posts too, because it makes people wanna spam. You know, just to have as big number of posts as you can... Kind of a virtual penis Rolling Eyes

I mean it´s always nice to chat about everything from A to Z, but this was supposed to be a music forum primarily, right? It´s not a critic, just a thought. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:22 pm

Sigyn84 wrote:

Why? It´s simple.

They´re not very funny nor "individual", but if you ask me, I´d get rid of the number of posts too, because it makes people wanna spam. You know, just to have as big number of posts as you can... Kind of a virtual penis Rolling Eyes

I mean it´s always nice to chat about everything from A to Z, but this was supposed to be a music forum primarily, right? It´s not a critic, just a thought. Wink

I think its good to encourage people to post more... I mean, that is the purpose of a forum right? Forums that receive no new posts die, and we would like to prevent that around here.
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:25 pm

Well yeah, to get rid of the number of post is a little extreme i must say but i understand Sigyn84's point...
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:29 pm

The bottom line is that they are ranks based on the number of posts you've made. I don't see the big deal about them....

Cheese, is there a way to turn off your individual rank from being displayed? That would make people happy.
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Mash wrote:
Sigyn84 wrote:

Why? It´s simple.

I think its good to encourage people to post more... I mean, that is the purpose of a forum right? Forums that receive no new posts die, and we would like to prevent that around here.

Yes, I´m absolutely with you on that one.
If I wouldn´t like or care about the forum, I wouldn´t post here anymore. Wink

All I wanted to say is, it´s ok to spam from time to time but how can you develop good discussion if all you get is 1 sentence in the sense of "Yeah, I love that band." or bunch of smileys? Got my point?
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:33 pm

tbh guys, i dont see any harm if the ranks are removed or kept.

as for the post count thing, i dont think people here really mind that. i do see your point, but if people are levelheaded to think that way and try to spam to get their post count up, then im sorry to say, grow the fuck up.

and if thats the case, then same goes for the registration date. what use does that have?

no point. Back to topic, i really dont care about the ranks, but if the votes say it bothers people that much, then ill remove them.

other alternative : i can change the rank names.
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:16 pm

Honestly, the ranks are not bothering anyone. I say keep them. They're just something to signify how many posts someone have. They're not serious in any way shape or form, obviously. If you're gonna take those things so seriously, just don't pay them attention. Also, about the spamming part, Off-Topic disscussion's are ALWAYS going to be bigger than music sections. There is just much more to talk about in the off-topic section, you know? I understand this is suppose to be a metal/music forum, we've got really good music sections going.

In all, I say keep the ranks, nobody takes them seriously, they're not hurting anything. Honestly, I never look at them.

Cheese, on these type forums can you make certain sections not add to post count? if so maybe apply that to the Off-topic section?
Back to top Go down
Vagabond

Vagabond

Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:53 pm

Who gives a rats arse? Just keep 'em.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:19 am

OK, so here's my opinion.....

As for the user ranks, I have been debating on at the very least changing them to a little more reasonable names instead of what they are now.

Something a little more relevant to the amount of activity each person has. Not just stupid names. And yes, I did come up with one or two of the stupid names in the beginning.

Today I will spend some time and make some newer and more appropriate names.

Then we will vote on it. So as of now the vote is suspended.

As for the post count, that will stay. I'm not even sure if it is a changeable option, but it doesn't matter because I'm not shutting that off anyway. This is not debatable.

Post count is a very important part of a forum. It is one of the driving forces behind a forum and it also shows for the most part the seniority of the members and I feel that it is something that makes members want to be as active as possible again, for the most part.

Does this cause spamming or overposting? Maybe sometimes but so far we don't have anyone on here that logs on and just posts away with nonsense to raise their post count. If that happens, it will be dealt with on an individual basis.

One of the primary reasons I started this forum is because I became sick and tired of all the trolls and power tripping assholes that frequent most of the other forums. We don't have that here as I am sure you noticed.

And I always take into consideration all of the Mods and Admins as well as the members inputs whenever making any changes. Another thing that sets this forum apart from most others.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:33 am

Heat, tbh, even if we do change the rank names, it still wont symbolize anything. itll still be useless and wont really make any difference. there just for blegh and i dont really find the reason for them to be taken seriously. However, if majority thinks we should have different rank names, then i dont mind. like i said, it dosent really make a difference.

come up with the rank names and ill change them. if you want.

and about suggestions, this forum is always open to it like heat said. theres nothin wrong with bringing forth your suggestions.
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 am

I want that moderator rank too, it looks a lot cooler.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:47 am

You're not cool enough yet... Custom User Title 965191
Back to top Go down
rawheavygreen

rawheavygreen

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:04 am

hey i didnt even have say, i liked them!
Back to top Go down

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:24 am

Heat wrote:
You're not cool enough yet... Custom User Title 965191

Yet? XD I've been here for years now, and I don't smell like cheese or something disgusting like that :O
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:37 am

It's been less than 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Custom User Title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom User Title   Custom User Title I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom User Title
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next