Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mother Love Bone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Mother Love Bone Empty
PostSubject: Mother Love Bone   Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Mother Love Bone was a band from Seattle, USA. Future Pearl Jam members Stone Gossard (guitar) and Jeff Ament (bass) were founders of this Seattle-based glam/hard rock/pre-grunge outfit, which was fronted by flamboyant singer Andrew Wood. But despite countless accolades from the press and their peers, the group's career was cut short before it could truly blossom due to tragedy.

Mother Love Bone Mother10

The group created a buzz from the get-go as the quintet inked a deal with Polygram shortly after forming and were given their own label, Stardog, resulting in the release of the six-track EP Shine in 1989. The year was spent touring and plotting their full-length debut, which was eventually completed by the end of the year, with a projected release in spring of 1990. Expectations for the disc were high and sensing this, Wood wanted to be at his best, so the singer checked himself into a rehab center to try and conquer an addiction to heroin. But on March 16, 1990, Wood was found by his fiancée unconscious in his bed, having overdosed on the drug. Despite efforts to revive him, Wood was eventually pronounced dead three days later. Devastated, the group called it quits as the resulting album, Apple, was issued several months later in the fall of 1990.

Gossard and Ament slowly worked their way back into music, as they joined up with Soundgarden members Matt Cameron and Chris Cornell (the latter a good friend and former roommate of Wood's) to record a pair of songs that Cornell had penned for the late singer. But the sessions soon took on a life of their own and a full album's worth of tunes was recorded, issued as a self-titled release in 1991 under the name of Temple of the Dog (a phrase from one of Wood's lyrics). The album also saw contributions from guitarist Mike McCready and singer Eddie Vedder, two musicians who Gossard and Ament had been jamming with, soon resulting in the formation of Pearl Jam.

Discography:

Shine (EP-1989)
Apple (1990)
Mother Love Bone (The EP and album compiled on one release-1992)

Anybody else who have listened to this band? IMO quite unique sounding being the missing link between glam rock/metal and the soon to be grunge sound...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
jjbeerj

jjbeerj

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Mother Love Bone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Love Bone   Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:34 am

^that's a very interesting comment and I totally agree. They're pretty solid, but I never really cared for Andrew Wood's vocals.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Mother Love Bone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Love Bone   Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:43 am

I don't think Ive ever listened to them.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Mother Love Bone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mother Love Bone   Mother Love Bone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mother Love Bone
Page 1 of 1