Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?

Go down 
+20
rawheavygreen
MegaDave89
rotemare
Mash
Opethian
jjbeerj
Pete_The_Ripper
Set Abominae
Decay02
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Namaste
Fr0t3x
Hungryfreak
schadenfroh
mygga_med_stil
Edible
Nocturnal
GodlessEndeavor
Voggis
Heat
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gast

You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:07 am

Therapy?
Die Happy
Depeche Mode
The Sisters Of Mercy
The Gathering (old songs are metal, new songs ain't)
HIM
The Corrs
Act Noir
Garbage
Pink (although I don't like her r&b songs and songs like Stupid Girls)
80's power ballads 👅
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:34 pm

http://www.last.fm/user/deathmetalgod dig deep deep down into my top artists you'll see 'em
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Voggis wrote:
Slaytanic wrote:
Pink Floyd is the only non-metal band a Metal head ever needs.

...and Engelbert Humperdinck.

You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 Engelbert%20Humperdinck

LMAO
Ummmmmm.......no, Pink Floyd will do just nicely, thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:43 am

David Bowie and Johnny Cash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:19 am

Johnny Cash rox, cool country/rockabilly artist. You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 556904
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:15 pm

mygga_med_stil wrote:
David Bowie and Johnny Cash.

Bowie isn't a favourite but he still has some wicked songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:10 am

ROCK AND OTHER:

- Pink Floyd
- Deep Purple
- Mor ve Ötesi
- Mando Diao
- Muse
- Morrissey
- Manic Street Preachers
- Turbonegro
- Kasabian

ELECTRO:

- Ladytron
- Deine Lakaien
- The Prodigy
- Massive Attack
- Depeche Mode
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:16 pm

*Tool
*Skunk Anansie
*Skin
*Ranarim (Swedish folk band)
*Joe Satriani
*Steve Vai
*movie soundtracks (especially LotR and Pirates of the Caribbean)
*Edvard Grieg

Last edited by NaturensGalleri on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:25 pm

Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson
Johnny Paycheck
George Jones
Merle Haggard
Marty Robins
David Allen Coe
Hank Williams JR, some things by the III.
Electro Hippies
Nirvana
Meat Puppets
Mudhoney
Green River
The Velvet Underground
Lee Perry & The Upsetters
Tchaikovsky
Rachmoninoff
Pink Floyd
Discharge
Wu Tang Clan
Eminem
Joy Division
The Beatles
Swans
Black Flag
Ill Bill
Sage Francis
Steve Vai
Porcupine Tree
Rush
NWA
Immortal Technique
Ol Dirty Bastard
Big Pun
A Tribe Called Quest
Outkast
Organized Konfussion

Last edited by Dopesmoker on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:29 pm

I've been listening to Kid Rock lately. You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 156850
Back to top Go down
schadenfroh

schadenfroh

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:31 am

[early] Radiohead, [early] The Cure, Dead Kennedys Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.big.kh.ua/

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:13 am

Must say The Prodigy and Pendulum. AndI i like psy trance too like Infected Mushroom, 1200 Micrograms and Skazi
Back to top Go down
Hungryfreak

Hungryfreak

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:35 am

Frank Zappa's my favorite musician, transcending genre. Otherwise, I love a lot of good prog rock (ELP, King Crimson, Van Der Graaf Generator, etc...) a lot of good hardcore punk (Circle Jerks, Hüsker Dü, Dead Kennedys, etc...) and various things between in the rock spectrum. Other genres, I haven't delved into as much, I've got stuff I love from most places across the board. Folk, country, blues, jazz, electronic, ambient, hip-hop, reggae etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:33 am

Alice in Chains. They have some metal influence, but they are still considered grunge/rock. I also love Pink Floyd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:33 am

I love Mozart Smile Also a few other composers like Schubert and Chopin. I also like a lot of classical scores from films and video games.

I also like ambient electronica like Blue Stone, Conjure One and Boards of Canada. Royksopp have done some pretty classic stuff too.

Pop wise I actually quite like Hard-Fi, and will always have a soft spot for The Corrs because I grew up on them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:44 am

Gast wrote:
HIM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:57 pm

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Audioslave and Rage Against The Machine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:15 am

A lot of the bands here either verge on, or have at points been metal. Not all though. Johnny Cash is a good call. Most of the stuff I like that isn't metal isn't too far removed. I'll start with this lot.

Godflesh, the refused, zombie roller disco (lol), several prog bands, primus, faith no more, the locust, lamb quartet, maximum the hormone, rush, yes, fat boy slim, stolen babies, dillinger escape plan, isis, neurosis, I loved butthole surfers live, the melvins, fantomas were also fantastic (and about 40 minutes after the buttholes), I like coheed and cambria's second album a lot.

That's quite alot, with 1 artist not in at least the same rough ballpark as metal, and the rest not far off at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:19 am

Camel
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Corvus Corax
Jimi Hendrix
King Crimson
Runrig
The Smiths
The Blues Brothers
Wishbone Ash
Yes

Edit: I forgot Emerson, Lake & Palmer.. stupid me :]
Back to top Go down
Fr0t3x

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:28 am

- Rainbow (one of the best bands ever in my opinion)
- Deep Purple (only Mark II and Mark III)
- Led Zeppelin (what can I say...)
- A Tribe Called Quest (the only hip hop group I listen to)

And some more, but those are my absolute favorites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:00 am

Firewater
Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan
Warren Zevon
Bruce Springsteen
The Nightwatchman
Yes
Robert Johnson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 3:19 am

Monster Magnet
Kyuss
QOTSA
Schandmaul
Uriah Heep
Him (as I already said)

Also I like some songs of bands I don't really listen to that often:

Fire & Ice
Pink Floyd
Deep Purple
Bon Jovi
Alice Cooper
Aerosmith
GnR
Styx
Deine Lakaien
E Nomine Very Happy
Die Ärzte

and a few other bands I forgot to name.^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 4:24 am

Misfits, and some glam metal bands like Poison, Motley Crue, Danger Danger. Also I like listen to AOR like Dominoe and Cutting Crew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:52 am

My favorite are offspring , rise against , journey and styx Smile
Back to top Go down
Namaste

Namaste

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:27 am

One of my all-time favorites, Faith No More, and a bunch of stoner rock bands, like Mustasch and Monster Magnet, many many more though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?   You're favorite non-metal bands/artists? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You're favorite non-metal bands/artists?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next