Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Random Doom Metal chat.

Go down 
+19
exhumator
beast345
Thrashputin
Nihil_
EvilFever
BLACKFILTH669
Opethian
Set Abominae
Podgie
Namaste
Decay02
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
rawheavygreen
Hungryfreak
Acid_Bath_
Pete_The_Ripper
mygga_med_stil
Mash
Heat
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:24 pm

The new Church of Misery is awesome. Just listened to it last night.
Back to top Go down
Vieraili

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:24 pm

Church of Misery's latest CD on this year's number one!
Back to top Go down
Pete_The_Ripper

Pete_The_Ripper

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Hewi_Harri wrote:
Church of Misery's latest CD on this year's number one!

I TOTALLY agree!!

So, I think I'll post my list to...

Cathedral (above all, above everything)
Eyehategod
Iron Monkey
Reverend Bizarre
Sunn O)))
Electric Wizard
Candlemass
Church Of Misery
Sleep
High On Fire
Ufomammut
Void
Black Shape Of Nexus
Mammoth Mammoth
Hooded Menace
Acid Witch
Coffins
Autopsy (yeah yeah I know, the last entries were not pure doom, but hey, they're doomish enough, I think Twisted Evil )
Earth
Mozergush
Orange Goblin
Teeth Of Lion Rule The Divine (sob, just ONE album...)
and some more

I feel like a little noob too...I hope to learn a lot from you all cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.grindontheroad.com

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:45 am

Another slow reply, hehe:

Heat
Ok, my bad, they are not thrash, they are more like groovy speed metal when it comes to riffing and drumming (i mean tell me how Hung, Drawn & Quartered and Rumors Of War are stoner metal for example). They have some stoner songs here and there on later releases, but overall, IMHO they are more like modern version of Motorhead (post-speed metal lol).

And a little 'genre nazi' nitpick, even if HoF somehow is a stoner band their later releases cannot be stoner doom ones, since 'stoner doom' is slow stuff with much of distortion such as Warhorse, HoF's debute, Sleep, OM and Electric Wizard. Faster stuff and less lenghty/repetetive stuff, such as Kyuss, Karma To Burn, Solace, Church Of Misery is simply called 'stoner metal' or sometimes 'stoner/doom.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:21 am

My Sludge list, gonna name off the top of my head, so if you're looking for Sludge pick some and find albums, heh.

Eyehategod
Hail!Hornet,
Beaten Back to Pure
Buzzov*en
Leechmilk
Hawg Jaw
Acid Bath
Bongripper
Bongzilla
Corrupted
Crowbar
Down
Dystopia
Grief
Iron Monkey
Noothgrush
Old Man Gloom
Sea of Thousand
Sourvein
Brainoil
Birds of Prey
Dove(Check out)
Isis
Men in Search of the Perfect Weapon
Ocean (US)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:33 am

wow, i really know nothing about this genre. Haven't really dug down into the genre. Grand Magus, Electric Wizard, Black Sabbath, Down, Sunn O))), And Boris are the only ones I really know of and listen to.
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:39 am

Dopesmoker wrote:
My Sludge list, gonna name off the top of my head, so if you're looking for Sludge pick some and find albums, heh.
That helps a lot man, I've been wanting to dig deeper in the sludge scene.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:19 am

Good, I enjoy helping with people getting into new music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:18 pm

That's indeed an excellent list of Sludge bands. You got most of my favorites on there.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Dopesmoker wrote:

Yeah dude, I am the same way.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:31 pm

Dopesmoker wrote:

I gave up years ago, I got sick of recommending my favourite bands and the person I recommended them to couldn't grasp the concept of Death Metal, Black Metal etc.....sad really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:33 pm

^ Yeah, outside of the internet I pretty much never mention music. Mainly because everyone listens too whats popular or Melodic-Metalcore thats shitty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Dopesmoker wrote:
^ Yeah, outside of the internet I pretty much never mention music. Mainly because everyone listens too whats popular or Melodic-Metalcore thats shitty.

Same here, I get this look of disgust when someone asks me wha I listen to, or if it's not a look of pure disgust its just this absolute look of uncomprehension. I have been asked when I have told people that I listen to death metal, "so you listen to bands like Linkin Park then?" "No, no I fucking don't".
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:41 pm

My neighbors must hate me. They listen to my music 7 days a week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Heat wrote:
They listen to my music 7 days a week.

I like how you put it, I have the best wife in the world, she hate my music and she never complains, becasue when I am at home I always have music on, always. She never asks me to turn it down.

She does love a good dose of Sabbath though.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:55 pm

That's awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Heat wrote:
That's awesome.

I hope everyone is as lucky as me.
Back to top Go down
Acid_Bath_

Acid_Bath_

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Slaytanic wrote:
Heat wrote:
That's awesome.

I hope everyone is as lucky as me.

man, I hope so too. so far I haven't met a girl that can stand my music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:39 pm

hahahah they are fucking rare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:56 pm

Can't say I've met a girl that can either. Hell, I've never met ANY human that can, haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:03 pm

I don't know a single person that listens to as much metal as I do, I almost breathe Metaliic goodness.
Back to top Go down
Acid_Bath_

Acid_Bath_

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:40 pm

lol, you just must not know many people that like metal. tongue
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Slaytanic wrote:
I don't know a single person that listens to as much metal as I do, I almost breathe Metaliic goodness.

Me.
Back to top Go down
Hungryfreak

Hungryfreak

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:18 pm

I'm the metal guru of my school, though in terms of rabid metalheads I'm probably lower on the spectrum. Still have tons of bands I need to check out.
Back to top Go down
Acid_Bath_

Acid_Bath_

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:41 pm

Heat wrote:
Slaytanic wrote:

Me.

ME. Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 103223
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Doom Metal chat.   Random Doom Metal chat. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Doom Metal chat.
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next