Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.

Go down 
+8
rawheavygreen
blackearth
Edible
mygga_med_stil
GodlessEndeavor
Mash
Voggis
Heat
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. Empty
PostSubject: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:35 pm

My view on downloading is simple. First, the fact that I have spent well over $30,000.00 over the last few years on cd's many which I will never listen to again combined with the ridiculous amount of bands out there has made me re-think my downloading philosophy.

I DOWNLOAD...Plain and simple...If I really like an album, I will buy it...I also refuse to buy debut albums from most bands, again unless I really like it.

New bands should be homored that I am giving them the time to play their CD. And yes, I am dead serious about that.

Hundreds of bands I listen to now are the result of having downloaded their music. If I didn't, I never would have discovered them.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:57 pm

There's two reasons for me downloading:
Saving me the hazzle of transferring my vinyl to Flac (lossless), that I probably never will spend money on to get on CD.
Checking out new bands.

I still buy CD's. In average 5 to 6 per month...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 pm

I download because I have spent too much money over the years on crap CDs that I only listened to once and never again. Now I download an album, and if I like it I will buy the CD. I also buy merchandise of bands I really like as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Just as Heat, I download and if I really like an album, I buy it.
Allthough I really have to like an album for me to buy it, probably would buy more if I could afford it, but I do buy some at least Smile
I do like to buy merch and other stuff from the band though Smile

Anyhow I think it's a perfect way for just checking out a band to get an oppinion about them. Nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Yeah I think it's fine to download an album to hear if you like it or not xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:32 pm

I download. Mostly to check and see if I like the band. Then again, I also download a bands album if I know they're making plenty of money elsewhere. I honestly don't mind admiting I download stuff. It's really hard a lot of times for me to send off and buy CDs. Mainly because they cost too much for me to buy more than 2-3 at the time and have them shipped. Plus, I normally use my moms credit cards when I order, and she isn't big on ording online. So, I normally just download stuff, although, I do buy stuff at the same time. I know, and we all know, the bands are making money somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 6:08 pm

Most of their income comes from live performances.. A shame to be a one-man band xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:02 pm

Eh, still takes the fun out of it. I mean, there are other ways to hear a band's material then just to go and download their whole discography (not making an accusations) - it just takes the personal value out of just buying it. I mean even if you do just download it before buying it to listen it still takes away from the anticipation and the excitement because you just listened to it so many times when you downloaded it . I mean really...if a band has only one good song, and you've only heard that ONE song, then don't buy the album otherwise there is a high chance you'll be let down. Go to shows; use the internet: go on myspace, last.fm, etcetera - the internet has so many opportunities to hear the music before you buy an album.

Though I do admit, I am a downloader but I lack the ka-ching, ya know? When money comes my way CD's do...just as I said before. I'm not a hater of downloaders because that doesn't take away from their good taste in music - but I just like to show the band that I appreciate them so much that I'm willing to dish out some cash their way.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:22 pm

It is impossible for me to actually buy every bands cd that I'd like to hear. I'd have to be a millionaire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Let me make a little better posts now,

I personally COULDN'T buy every CD I want like Heat said. Honestly, that would TAKE AWAY from my musical knowladge highly. Mostly because I wouldn't listen too half of what I do without some downloads, due to my lack of funding. Personally, I don't feel bad for downloading, because like others said, most bands get funds from shows etc. I know it personally feels better when I buy the CD because I know I've got money into it. I actually prefer to buy things when possible, I just don't have that possibility a lot of the time, you know? Personally though, I will buy CDs that are cheaper. And if I had a local CD shop, with good metal/grind/crust/punk CDs, I'd own more. I just don't like paying such high shipping, because it normally narrows down to me only being able to get like two CDs at a time, honestly not worth it, imo. Money is really tight for me, struggling to much in school to honestly be able to pick a side job up. Although, I'd rather have the job than working in school, I think. If money wasn't so tight for me and I could freely spend, I'd do so, as any. So, in full, I'm going to continue downloading and buying CDs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:31 pm

HeatMizer wrote:
It is impossible for me to actually buy every bands cd that I'd like to hear. I'd have to be a millionaire.

30k would be enough to buy the essentials - sell the shit and buy the ones you want.

:afro:

But again, if you have the money then buy CD's or make a budget or something if it's that important to you. If not then continue downloading, doesn't matter to me, I'm not you guys. I buy when I've got the money, music is great bought or not, just enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:49 pm

I really don't want to sell anything. I like my collection. Whether I like the albums or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:37 pm

For me there is no downloading. I research most bands/album before I make a purchase relatively thoroughly. In some cases I'm disappointed but I must say considering that I know what I like, i'm partial to most of the stuff that I buy. That is where most of my income goes but I'm ok with that for right now. If it's a band I'm really into, I'll most likely make an effort to get their vinyl as well. Blind Purchases are the best;

Reasons behind not downloading center for me around the idea of it being Impersonal towards the artists expres​sion(I know this is just me being too extreme but I feel that an album is a bands ultimate expression and it's a complete package; coverart, liner notes, and of course the music; Downloading takes away from the experience for me).

Probably sounds like bullshit but that's how it is for me. The only cases in which I have downloaded was in the case of Demos that are unavailable or live bootlegs because these are not available in CD or Vinyl formats for the most part. If a release is available, I refrain from even listening to it until I can get an actual copy. It's just the way it's always been for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:43 pm

^Yeh, necessity's always the best excuse.
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. 670946
I'm a download whore when it comes to everything but Black Metal.
Small distro's and labels keep me alive 75% of the time, but since I've been having to build by library back up again, I've made some exceptions to compensate for the CD's and tapes that are in a far away land that were too heavy (and there for, expensive) for me to travel with.

Alot of times, I feel like shit after I DL something if it's from a new band I really enjoy. Even turning around and buying it afterwards doesn't help much, and DL'ing something then forgetting you DL'd it in the first place is even worse.
Anyway...
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. 690802
SSSHHHHHH!!
(Don't tell Cheese)
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:50 pm

^^^ Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. 965191 @ the smiley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:46 pm

Spectre wrote:
Downloading takes away from the experience for me).

While I have nothing against downloading, and can totally understand why someone would opt to download. But for me personally it's just not the same as holding a hard copy of the tunes in your hand. Collecting cds is a hobby for me, and I don't plan on giving it up anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:08 pm

Yessir, hobby indeed. Nothing like the cover art, lyrics, and just having a copy of an album of a band you're a fan of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:45 am

Im download music from the internet, because it's hard for me to find old metal records. Anyway, if I liked an album, i will download this album in lossless quality, with covers Smile
Buying CD's it's also hard for me, because music what I want sells in one place, but this shop have only popular metal band... Very poor in rare band...

Last edited by AsteroiD on Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:08 am

The availability factor is also an issue for many people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:47 am

heh, if anything i download like an asshole.

ok, first of all, i dont have the cash for it. and when i do get the cash for it, there are other things NECESSARY for me to use that money on. i do buy CD's once in a while, but then again, not often.

second of all, since i live in a shithole where the metal scene is practically DEAD, so yeah its a hard time for me to find those albums. and i usually dont pay off the internet because I dont have a credit card, and my parents dont really approve of my choice of music, so yeah thats not a helping factor either. When i get my own credit card, and get out of this shithole and get a job, ill definately buy them.

besides, i DO buy merchandise...so i am supporting the band in one way...

AND MESS IMA KILL YOU YOU ASSHOLE MORON SON OF A .........

(i keed)

but UGH youre disgusting... Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. 32111
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:52 am

That smiley was awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:54 am

GO AWAY FLY NO iT WASNT...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 9:13 am

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. 209411
It's a shame Cheese is too "mature" to appreciate my emoticon humor.

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. Cheese
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 1:42 pm

Cheese wrote:

second of all, since i live in a shithole where the metal scene is practically DEAD, so yeah its a hard time for me to find those albums.

What's that have to do with anything? Just find a local CD store, not something like Sam Goody or Best Buy. They should have good albums, shitty scene or not.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:10 pm

I download music, mostly because I don't have a choice, I'm usually broke, and you can't find a goddamn thing here. At most, you will probably find some Iron Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest, Megadeth, etc..., but that's it. However, if a local band has put out an album and I like what I hear, then I'll definitely get it, if I have the cash, that is.
Back to top Go down

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next