Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.

Go down 
+8
rawheavygreen
blackearth
Edible
mygga_med_stil
GodlessEndeavor
Mash
Voggis
Heat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Heat wrote:
Godamn record companies should think about lowering their prices and maybe more people would buy albums. 15-20 bucks for a cd is fucking insane when it costs pennies to make it.

I understand what you're saying but it also does cost quite a bit to cover the recording expenses and sending a band on tour as well, also advertising money too. I'm not saying they should stay the same because it is a ridiculous price but there are a lot of hidden costs.

I think a more appropriate price would be something like 7 to 8 pounds (or 10 to 12 dollars).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:20 pm

I`m quiet a cover an booklet fetishirt, so I always want to have something in my hands when I buy a CD. Unfortunately, there are many CD`s which I can`t find anywhere, so I see myself forced to download them. When it comes to "illegal" downloading, I don`t download albums from bands that I want to support or which I really like. Unfortunately, since I become more and more interested in and accicted to music, my need for new music grows stronger every day and I simply don`t have the money to pay for all the CD`s that I want to buy. Even so I don`t feel lucky about downloading albums illegaly. So the only thing I can do is to wait and to save money, but I`m terribly bad at this ^^
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:52 pm

damientheomen wrote:
Heat wrote:
Godamn record companies should think about lowering their prices and maybe more people would buy albums. 15-20 bucks for a cd is fucking insane when it costs pennies to make it.

I understand what you're saying but it also does cost quite a bit to cover the recording expenses and sending a band on tour as well, also advertising money too. I'm not saying they should stay the same because it is a ridiculous price but there are a lot of hidden costs.

I think a more appropriate price would be something like 7 to 8 pounds (or 10 to 12 dollars).

The bands touring costs has no bearing on a cd price. The touring costs are covered by the tickets and merchandise sold at concerts.
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com
rawheavygreen

rawheavygreen

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:18 pm

As said before, by goose I think, the excitement is in buying something unknown.

Im all about the 80's like most of you (haha) and they didnt download obviously, just had bootleg tapes. That would be the shit. But I live in this god damn internet era and I have to go with the flow, so Ive adapted to downloading. I fully support it now because it has introduced me to amazing music I would have never heard. We dont have the same type of scene they had back in the day, hell I dont know anyone who knows a large portion of the music I warship.

I mainly buy vinyl now, some death metal CDs and never mp3s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:31 pm

You guys are lucky you don't live in a post-commie country like me... I'm thinking to get more cd's when I start to work I graduate school tomorow Smile hope to find job as fast as I can
Back to top Go down
rawheavygreen

rawheavygreen

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:39 pm

I would rather live in a country that doesn't have a jihad stapled to their identity. But I'll burn you some albums and send them your way, if youd like.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:41 pm

Same here dude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Haha don't worry I have around 90-100 GB of music to enjoy Smile
My point was that here the distribution is crappy little stores and not enough music. You can't find always what you're looking for and have to order from ebay or amazon etc.. and that's why most people I know don't bother in that and just download, you know ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:54 pm

As all said prices are to high . In Italy is the same whe I was on a visit of my uncle 2 years ago prices were aroud 20-25 euros.. I just passed throgh the store lol! dunno how are they now
Back to top Go down
rawheavygreen

rawheavygreen

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:58 pm

no way would I touch those prices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Btw is realy vinyl better than cd i meanwhen it comes to sound quality ?
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:55 pm

hammerhead wrote:

No vinyl is worse quality, but it has a certain sound to it that some people prefer over quality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
Nefarious_Priest

Nefarious_Priest

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Hell yes I do, because I want to hear it. Not because of this bullshit of not supporting the artist etc. I want to hear the band if I like them, I'll buy the album, I'll buy their shirts, tickets to their concerts and tell my friends. But I don''t want to pay £10 for a CD and then find it shit. What a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Mash wrote:
hammerhead wrote:

No vinyl is worse quality, but it has a certain sound to it that some people prefer over quality.

Vinyl is not worse quality, are you insane. Vinyl is the best and truest quality you can get.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:30 pm

Hmmmm, before this turns into a Vinyl Vs CD argument, I'm making a Vinyl Vs CD thread

GO HERE TO ARGUE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:37 am

Heat wrote:

Bingo, Heat.

I mean, why should I pay for a crappy CD 17 Euro?!
Download, listen, it´s crap, click-delete-bye...
I only buy the CD's that are in my fav list, like 2-3 per month...

First, I´m a student, which equals broke and second, the companies are ripping us off just to make as much profit as possible (duuuh?!). Lower the price for a CD first, adapt yourself to new reality or bankrupt, you greedy morons.
Bands don't get that much money from these companies anyway, so if someone is ripping the artists off, then it´s their publisher. So they really should stop playing the moral apostle, piracy is oh so bad and we're all thieves...
Back to top Go down
Namaste

Namaste

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Sure, I download, but then again, like some others, I buy those records I like. I've been lagging behind on my "Must-Buy-List" but easy does it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Sigyn84 wrote:
Heat wrote:

Bingo, Heat.

I mean, why should I pay for a crappy CD 17 Euro?!
Download, listen, it´s crap, click-delete-bye...
I only buy the CD's that are in my fav list, like 2-3 per month...

First, I´m a student, which equals broke and second, the companies are ripping us off just to make as much profit as possible (duuuh?!). Lower the price for a CD first, adapt yourself to new reality or bankrupt, you greedy morons.
Bands don't get that much money from these companies anyway, so if someone is ripping the artists off, then it´s their publisher. So they really should stop playing the moral apostle, piracy is oh so bad and we're all thieves...

WORD!
Back to top Go down
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:08 am

I have increased both buying and downloading over the past few month. Close to 100% of all CD's is ordered online from small labels or even directly form the band itself. I have found out that Stormspell, Lost & Found and CDbaby is great places to buy new and old releases by all the new bands I constantly discovers...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
dr.nutslap

dr.nutslap

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:31 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/nutslap
Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 am

That was cool reading. Funny and informative. Thanks!

Actually one of the reasons why I try to avoid to buy albums released by big labels, cause all the money goes into the pocket of some greedy label owner...
Back to top Go down
http://voggis.blogspot.com/
From_Earth_I_Rose

From_Earth_I_Rose

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:06 pm

I download, of course. And in case I got the money and enjoy an album very much, I buy it. I'm not gonna buy any album without listening to it first.

Edit: Oh, and I download illegally of course. I can not understand people buying music online. I find that absolutely ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3