Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.

Go down 
+8
rawheavygreen
blackearth
Edible
mygga_med_stil
GodlessEndeavor
Mash
Voggis
Heat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:57 pm

goose wrote:

What's that have to do with anything? Just find a local CD store, not something like Sam Goody or Best Buy. They should have good albums, shitty scene or not.

If no one in an area buys albums, CD stores wont sell them. It's called supply and demand.

That is why some sort of a scene is needed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Metalmash wrote:
goose wrote:

What's that have to do with anything? Just find a local CD store, not something like Sam Goody or Best Buy. They should have good albums, shitty scene or not.

If no one in an area buys albums, CD stores wont sell them. It's called supply and demand.

That's exactly the case here, 'cept we need a BETTER scene. At least we don't have a lot of scene kids, to my knowledge at least...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Shops that sell only metal or more extreme things do exist; There are two, well were two, now I guess one, that were somewhat local to me. I know there's more around.

More or less the internet is the prime source of tracking down and finding albums and anything can be found if your seriously look for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:49 pm

goose wrote:
Cheese wrote:

second of all, since i live in a shithole where the metal scene is practically DEAD, so yeah its a hard time for me to find those albums.

For me there is like zero CD stores around here that I know of. Seriously, other than Wal-Mart, Best Buy, ect. I know people say "Suply and Demand" I'd buy it if the shops were here, but they're not so I can't. Its mainly my lack of a way to buy locally that makes me download.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:34 pm

Metalmash wrote:
goose wrote:

I suppose your definition of scene is different then mine, bud.

But uh, I think if there are CD stores in an area, they'll sell CD's. Atleast one would think right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Spectre wrote:
Shops that sell only metal or more extreme things do exist; There are two, well were two, now I guess one, that were somewhat local to me. I know there's more around.

More or less the internet is the prime source of tracking down and finding albums and anything can be found if your seriously look for it.
qft
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:29 pm

I downloaded so maaany music...well but thanks to downloading I've got into many bands tongue Don't need to write a long post because I agree with Heat tongue

Now I try to buy a cd, or two once a month or something like that, but to be honest I don't listen to them. I just touch them, read the booklets and smile at them xD Do you think I'm some sick pervert? xD
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:44 pm

No... Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 965191
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:52 am

Sephiroth wrote:
Do you think I'm some sick pervert? xD

you tell me... Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 466507

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 156850
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:43 pm

I would by more CD's if they weren't so GOD DAMNED FUCKING EXPENSIVE! There's an okay local store that has a section of metal, and used to have a whole Vinyl section of Thrash, but the prices are just ridiculous. If I really like an album, I will buy it but I'd probably buy a whole lot more if they would just lower the prices. What kind of strategy is that anyway? "Oh hey, I know how we can make people stop downloading. Triple the prices of CD's!". Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 32111
Back to top Go down
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:16 pm

I download heaps, and buy what I can find thats decent in the local stores and isnt madly expensive.

That said I think bands are going to have to go back to the old system of making their money from concerts/gigs and merch, and less from CD's particularly as all the money from people getting CD's to replace their vinyl collections is gone.

I would say one of the largest reasons to download is because people are getting so fucking moralistic about it, and are not looking at it fairly, pirates by large buy quite a lot of music and get a lot of bands more popular by sharing their stuff in the same way that tapers did in ages past, which favours getting more obscure bands popular, rather than making popular musicians richer which annoys a lot of people, and well fuck them (particularly the ones that got popular from taping).

If I download your album, and like it, I will give it to others, and if they like it odds are on one of the people I know buying something of yours sometime.

Dont shoot your free advertising
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:49 pm

Free advertising is exactly what it is....How many of these up and coming bands would never ever have had people all over the world listening to their music if not for downloading.
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:00 am

I download a few tracks from an album that I am interested in, but no more since I know I will not listen enough to a fully downloaded album. So I focus on a few songs that I downloaded and when it is good I will (someday) buy it and if I don't like it, then I will delete it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:26 am

Only downloading, cause life in lithuanian isn't rich No

BTW in lithuania is very popular pop music and trance, dance and other **** I don't like it, and nowhere you can find a metal music seller. 😕

Last edited by saulenskas on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:28 am

Yes I am downloading music since 2005
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:06 am

goddamn trance is popular here too...

it sucks .... and there are no good CD stores. anyway im going to check out tomorrow again...see what i can grab.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:40 am

Here's an example, I download music and then buy what I like...guess what I recently bought some CDs I have on my playlist.

Tankard - 1st&2nd album
Holy Moses - World Chaos
Headhunter - Parody Of Life (Knew em from the internet)
S.D.I. - Sign Of The Wicked (Knew em from a torrent I dl'ed for just a few albums but ended up with 40 albums or less..)
Sodom - Agent Orange
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:57 am

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 Music_pirate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:14 am

Also remember, some Metal albums are impossible to get (Out of print,100 copies, not even released and the band doesnt exist anymore so the album got sucked in the hole of eternity) so the only way to get em is to download.
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:18 am

True...
Back to top Go down
blackearth

blackearth

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:56 pm

I download a lot of albums, and I've bought a lot of albums lately too. I usually buy a CD if it's on sale ( $6 or less ) or if I really love the album or band. And I buy 99% online directly from labels or bands.

Downloading is here to stay. People need to stop whining about it and deal with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/blackearth
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:01 pm

I think bands today need to adapt to downloading. They need to work hard at getting out there playing live shows, as well as offering more than just a CD (bonus DVD or something like that). Mostly it's the labels that have to do most of the adapting.

Bands like Metallica that cry over their music being downloaded need to get over themselves and work with the way the business is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 2:16 am

I also download music. I listein to so many bands it's imposible for me to get their stuff 'cuz almost always i'm broke Very Happy and another thing is that here in Bulgaria the only way to get an album of european or usa band you have to order 'cuz no one pay the rights to release it in my country ... THEY SUCK :/ Don't get me wrong I buy cd's but when i have cash and that's not much often
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:31 pm

Godamn record companies should think about lowering their prices and maybe more people would buy albums. 15-20 bucks for a cd is fucking insane when it costs pennies to make it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.   Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:34 pm

Greed.... fuckin' greed.
Back to top Go down

Do You Download Music Or Not? Let's Debate.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next