Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do You Believe In God

Go down 
+19
rotemare
rawheavygreen
Silent_Scream
Set Abominae
Opethian
Nefarious_Priest
Tyrant Lizard
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Namaste
dr.nutslap
Hungryfreak
mygga_med_stil
schadenfroh
Edible
Nocturnal
Voggis
Mash
GodlessEndeavor
Heat
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Do You Believe In God - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:51 am

heh...... I find the fact that Christian Terrorism seems more tolearable to people, to be sorta funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:42 am

Yep, given the fact that it isn't affecting our present world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:05 am

Oh, but it is. Timothy McVeigh was a Christian Terrorist. The KKK is a Christian organization, or claims it, and they are a terrorist organization.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 pm

From Wikipedia:
Quote :
"McVeigh professed his belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "never really picked it [back] up." The Guardian reported that McVeigh wrote a letter claiming to be an agnostic. McVeigh at one time said that he believed the universe was guided by natural law, energized by some universal higher power that showed each person right from wrong if they paid attention to what was going on inside them. He had also said, "Science is my religion.""
His intentions did not have to do anything with Chrisitanity.

The KKK is a joke, though it has commited crime, its motives are not to impose religion. Their idealogy is White power not anything to do with Christianity, a semitic religion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Regardless of their actual motives, they still claim christianity, and use christianity to justify their means.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:41 pm

Well, I find that hard to believe.. Could you help me with evidence?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Have you ever studied the KKK at all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:46 pm

Not much actually. But, I wonder how a white racist group uses a semitic religion to justify their motives. Its just...stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:57 pm

The KKK was founded as an organization for White, Protestant, Southerners.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:20 pm

9/11 Vs All KKK activity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Well, you also have to take into account that KKK activity has always been directed at other races. It is only incidents where Children become victims where people reacted the way they did to 9/11, and even then they didn't react with the same fervor. 9/11 didn't care about race so (sad to say), whites were victims too, which made it easier to feel for that, plus there was the factor that you saw the thing happen. You rarely saw any KKK lynchings happen unless you were involved them. You just saw the aftermath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:17 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 am

ron.deathorgy wrote:
Not much actually. But, I wonder how a white racist group uses a semitic religion to justify their motives. Its just...stupid.

Alright. I have done some research and whatnot. This statement is one that I have issues with. You have to realize that the groups do not see the religion as semetic. They accept Jesus, and the Jews do not. That is why they do not see their religion as semetic. In addition to it, they see their fight as protecting christanity, or what they view as christianity. How is this viewpoint any different than the viewpoint of the Muslim Extremists. Its a deal of same system, differnent name. Instead of killing in the name of Jesus, they are killing in the name of Allah. If you look at both groups, you see a willingness to kill their own and others for their cause. I am not saying one group is worse than the other, they are equally horrible. Its just that Christian Terror groups don't get as much attention cause Christianity is more widely accepted than Islam in the states and the west. Many Christian terror groups are acutally more politically motivated than religiously anyway. They want to see a christian state established, which goes against what christianity is at its very core. Many Christian terror organizations are also very nationalistic. Look at the KKK for this example. They are all for the USA, for White American. They don't want any other races in the country, and if they are in the country, they want them in servitude. They do in some areas (south mostly), affect elections, and other means like that too (not to the same degree they did in the 1920's thankfully). I am not saying that Muslim Extremists are not politically motivated either. They bully, prod, and eventually force and bend governments to their will. Thats just how they operate. Christian terror groups are (in a recent trend), preparing for a Racial Civil War, and are going to fight to defend the white race. Christian Terror groups exist in europe too, and do similar things to what they do here, (bombing abortion clinics, racially motivated murders and beatings, making and sending out hate propiganda). Its no different than what the Muslim Extremists do.

In conclusion, saying there is any difference between the two groups, or any other religious or social, or any other form of organization that uses violence/terror/other like means to get a point across is in and of itself ignorant. It is like saying that Hitler was evil, but Salin wasn't so bad. Its the same face, just with a different name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:19 pm

No and that's all I'm going to say.
Back to top Go down
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Justify it with evidence.

If you think you are correct surely you can justify it.
Back to top Go down
Nefarious_Priest

Nefarious_Priest

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:37 am

I believe in Kreator Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:48 pm

ron.deathorgy wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamist_terrorism

More people have been killed "in the name of Christ" than from any "Islamist Terrorist Group"

Use Wikipedia to look up
The Spanish Inquisition
The Crusades
The European Witch Trials
The Salem Witch Trials
The Conquistadors
The Russian Pogroms
Northern Ireland
Yugoslavia
And the Holocaust in WWII if you don't believe me
Back to top Go down
Edible

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:51 pm

That depends how you view in the name of christ, I would say that for the holocaust at least it was tacking christianity onto it after the picture as opposed to being inspired by religion to go out and do it.

I wouldn't say that all killing done by christians is done in the name of christ in the same way that not all bands that happen to have christians in them are christian bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:09 pm

I am but I'm an Orthodox because I think that protestantism is a ton of bullshit

No offense though thats just me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Edible wrote:
That depends how you view in the name of christ, I would say that for the holocaust at least it was tacking christianity onto it after the picture as opposed to being inspired by religion to go out and do it.

I wouldn't say that all killing done by christians is done in the name of christ in the same way that not all bands that happen to have christians in them are christian bands.

I think you're missing the point, all you have to do is look up the history there's really nothing to dispute otherwise you would have at least made more sense.
Back to top Go down
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Admin
Admin
ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:25 pm

I believe all religion is tons of bullshit!

I respect other poeple opinions as i think we all have a right to. But on the other hand i can't see how anyone can believe in "god" or the crazy things the bible preach.
Back to top Go down
Edible

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:01 pm

What I am saying is, there is a difference between reading the bible and deciding "Lets go kill some people of this sort" and deciding to do it for other reasons and using the bible to justify/sell it to your followers.

By my understanding the holocaust at least, was more focused on how hitler blamed the jews for ww1 and the damage germany took in the proceeding treaty. The aryan stuff came later in the picture and after that the religious stuff was tacked over it to add legitimacy/because it was old german and hitler thought basically anything old german was good.

This implies at least to me, that religion was not a cause of their actions.

The argument reminds me of when christians say that stalins purges/5 year plans or the khmer rouge were done due too the people being athiests.

Religion can cause it, I totally agree with most of your examples (Well bar the russian pogroms and yugoslavia, which I dont know enough about to comment.)

I just contest the holocaust as being done due too christianity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:41 pm

I'm an Existential Nihilist, which means I don't believe in any supernatural force.

I actually disagree with most religious doctrines, and I don't think it's relevant to society at this point in time, and it doesn't belong in secular culture any more. That, and some asshole is always going to try and justify their prejudices with religion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:49 am

God are your own values, it's not a man that knows everything... Anyway, nothing would change if there was a God or not, so, just Livin' la vida loca!
Back to top Go down
Opethian

Opethian

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:44 pm

I believe in God and I respect all religions . I have nothing against atheists/agnostics and I hate arguing about religion as it seems pretty pointless to me . Very Happy Everyone should mind their own fuckin' business. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do You Believe In God
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Off Topic Discussions :: Serious Business-
Jump to: