Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do You Believe In God

Go down 
+19
rotemare
rawheavygreen
Silent_Scream
Set Abominae
Opethian
Nefarious_Priest
Tyrant Lizard
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
Namaste
dr.nutslap
Hungryfreak
mygga_med_stil
schadenfroh
Edible
Nocturnal
Voggis
Mash
GodlessEndeavor
Heat
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Do You Believe In God - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Cheese wrote:
you know what ron?

it dosent say anywhere in the Bible or Quran that you should blast holy places, kill kids and women, and terrorize.

Sure it doesn't literally tell you to bomb places..but kill, kill your enemies.
The Quran, especially.

If you haven't watched Fitna, check this out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kcev1K-NOc
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdLMFs4fv4E&feature=related

If the UAE government has blocked it tell me, I'll upload it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:17 pm

I'm not really religious at all. I highly respect anyone thats religious though. Only time I'm not respectful to them is if they're not to my decision and attack me for not believing in a higher power. Honestly, I just cannot believe in it. Though mostly highly religious people push religon onto people and that pisses me off.

Simply, I don't. I'm just not into religon at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:28 pm

yeah its blocked...good guess....

but ive read about the main idea behind the whole thing.

you know what? if i were a muslim, i wouldnt mind it AT ALL. you know why? because if i were a true muslim and i had a firm belief and i was convinced with what i believe in, then i would know that all of this is bullshit and that this is not what islam, christianity or any other religion asks us to do.

and one more thing. you know what people tend to do? they twist the verses in the Quran and they portray the wrong thing. it did say kill your enemies. no argument about that. but it said only IF THEY DONOT AGREE UNDER PEACEFUL TERMS. i dont see anyone trying out peaceful terms here. do you know that islam put laws and rules during a war? ill tell you some of them:
1- no cutting trees or destroying any plants.
2- no killing women and children
3- no killing old people
4- no torturing the prisoners of war after the war is over

these are as far as i remember. but yeah. you know what's funny though?
in both the bible and Quran (i dont know about other books) it says "kill your enemies with kindness..." ...ummm......how do you do that? "can i please kill you? oh yes sure you can! youre such a polite man!" LOL

and trust me it is true. this is what the majority of people think...(ruling out terrorists and extremists)

(btw im talking about islam coz thats what i observe here, and how i see people believing in it, and their reaction to all of this, living in an islamic country XD )

Last edited by Cheese on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Heat
Admin
Admin
Heat

Number of posts : 10900
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:31 pm

Heat > God
Back to top Go down
https://hmpf.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Maybe there is something out there. I'd rather just live my life and not worry about it.

Organized religion is ridiculous in my opinion; Mode a social control created out of a fear of death that has a grip on a lot of peoples faith (or money, however you want to look at it) and blinds the devotees with hypocrisy and lies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:08 pm

Mash wrote:
Cheese wrote:

so yeah people are fucked, it aint the religion. its the people. people fuck everything up.

That's why I have a cat instead of a child....lol

I had to laugh hard when I read this "cat sentence". Do You Believe In God - Page 2 965191
(I have one cat myself)

The crucial point and question in my eyes is - why do people suppose that there must be something "bigger" than we are?
Are they afraid of some inevitable existential questions that appear when you start getting aware of this fact, that this moment now is all there is?

I mean, I agree - people are shit.
We´re an incomplete work of nature, that´s why we ruin and spoil everything we start.
Let´s face it, we´re the peak of the evolution so far. But evolution is a permanent process, so we´re always evolving...
Back to top Go down
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:01 pm

I love religious people for the fun amusing positions you can put them in, and their determination to somehow work it out in accordance to the book of their choice, also major respect for the Hare Krishnas and Bahá'í for awesome food.

A notable exception goes to that prick of a mormon guy who called me up at 7am on a Saturday, may his life be a perpetual state of misery and his house shrivel up and die etc.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Edible wrote:

A notable exception goes to that prick of a mormon guy who called me up at 7am on a Saturday, may his life be a perpetual state of misery and his house shrivel up and die etc.

ugh, Mormons.

I had these 2 fucking Mormon guys follow me around campus at school one day last year. Finally I turned and was like "Get the fuck away from me you freaks." Even after I said that they kept trying to push their bullshit onto me..... so I decided to listen to them...

Get this...

They believe that there is a prophet alive today, not unlike Jesus Christ who lives in Utah, no less! ...and he needs money and support because he is going to save all the Mormons from their fucking pitiful existence (paraphrased). Apparently, there is always a person alive in the world that is a prophet of God? No fucking shit!

By the time they were done with their little shpeel I was on the ground laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Fuck Mormons...

Last edited by Mash on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:58 am

mormons are funny...they are so fucked...they have no clue.

i do have a few friends who are mormons, but they arent like that. they talk to me about extremist mormons and its so funny sometimes. like they cant drink coffee lmao. and in order to be accepted you have to go for a mission for 2 years or something and spread the religion WTF. and the prophet thing is hillarious.

i dont have anything against any religion. if people want to follow and believe in it, good for them. just dont JUDGE ME, dont critisize me for what i believe in, and dont talk bullshit. i hate the people who do that. when you come and tell me shit what do you expect me to do? tell you "may god forgive you for what you just said" and walk off? not a chace in hell, ima critisize the fuck out of you. so yeah...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:09 am

Heh yeah mormons are fun.
Otherwise I generally have difficulties believing in anything that 's not facts - so no, I don't believe in God. I believe that it's my own actions and consequences that affects my life rather than any "God's will"
I do understand how people need something to believe in and respect that, as long as they don't try to force their believes on me or uses it as an excuse/reason to hurt or harass people.
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:46 am

It's because of people like that I got sick of religion. To me, religion is nothing more than a guidebook, but don't use it all your life for every situation, cuz most of the right answers aren't in there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:24 pm

There's this quote on a t-shirt I have seen many times,

"I was an atheist, till I realized I was God"

Interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:38 pm

Like I promised,

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:41 pm

I don't believe. But I like Paganism that they are respecting nature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:29 am

^ Second that.
Back to top Go down
schadenfroh

schadenfroh

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:12 am

no, i'm atheist
Back to top Go down
http://www.big.kh.ua/

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:50 am

fuck that shit was disturbing ron.... i couldnt even watch the whole fucking thing.

but ill tell you something though. not all muslims are like that and i stand by my statement. im sure if you show this to them theyd get disturbed too. they hate whats going on and they absolutely think that what their other people are doing is FUCKING wrong. so yeah. like i said, its only the extremists that fuck the whole thing up...

but shit...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:07 am

What you said is true, I agree. All muslims are surely not like those portayed by the extremists.
The actual 'terrorists' are simple human beings like you and me, but are brainwashed as hell to carry out these unimaginable, terrible acts.
Every religion has had its share of violence in the history of mankind. In fact, religion was the reason for many wars that took place.
Sometimes I just wonder, why are humans so fucking dumb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 3:05 am

heh, they are born like that...simple.

and you know what? i dont think religion is the cause of all these fucking wars...its just the people. people arent forced to do it, they just use religion as AN EXCUSE to justify the reason behind their fucked up actions. but tbh, i dont blame it on religion...i blame it on the way people portray religion as to something it is not...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:41 am

Belief aside, it's impossible to know if there's a God or not. This is why I'm agnostic. An Atheist has a belief in the non-existence of a higher power, so you could say atheists have faith...of a sort. I think one must accept uncertainty on the God question, because there is no certainty on offer. Don't get me wrong, I do think all the world religion's perception of a higher power is redundant horseshit, but consciousness itself....well, it's hard to comprehend it just coming from the void.
Back to top Go down
Edible

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:51 am

Wild Karrde wrote:
Belief aside, it's impossible to know if there's a God or not.

Strictly speaking it is impossible to know anything, but if no evidence points towards things or against them people will take a preference, most atheists would not consider it impossible for their to be a god, but the odds so infinitesimal that they might as well be 0, to get anywhere in life you have to round.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:54 am

Wild Karrde wrote:
but consciousness itself....well, it's hard to comprehend it just coming from the void.

I think consciousness itself is a result of millions of years of evolution.... but that's just my "opinion". Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Edible, you're right, it is impossible to know anything. I'll leave it there.

Mash, if I had to bet money on it I'd go with evolution aswell but I still don't claim to know one way or the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:53 am

everyone has their own DEFINATION of consiousness...trust me, if you dont believe me, ask. thats why people are like this. maybe it came with evolution...who knows...but if anything, its evolution to become more selfish. like my bio teacher calls is "speciation" aka adapt to your surrounding so that you get what you need.
Back to top Go down
mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:56 am

I'm atheist. Heck, pretty much everyone I'm related to are atheist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Believe In God   Do You Believe In God - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do You Believe In God
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Metal Meltdown :: Off Topic Discussions :: Serious Business-
Jump to: