Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
» ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Random Death Metal Chat

Go down 
+11
blackearth
Pete_The_Ripper
Decay02
Podgie
ThornsofCrimsonDeath
rawheavygreen
dr.nutslap
Mash
Acid_Bath_
Heat
GodlessEndeavor
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Slaytanic wrote:
I have about 800 artists, they are all metal.

You are crazy. Do you actually listen to all of them? lol. I had somewhere around about 600 earlier this year but I realised I only ever listen to about 100 of them so I purged my library of all the shit music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:55 pm

I listen to as man of them as I can, my stereo is always on and I listen to a shit load of music, the things that get neglected is my cd collection which is as big as my mp3 collection. I love my metal man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:16 pm

Slaytanic wrote:
I listen to as man of them as I can, my stereo is always on and I listen to a shit load of music, the things that get neglected is my cd collection which is as big as my mp3 collection. I love my metal man.

I hear ya, I buy a ton of CDs, but once they're ripped they rarely ever get spun again. It's all about the MP3s these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:35 pm

Ripzz wrote:
Slaytanic wrote:

I hear ya, I buy a ton of CDs, but once they're ripped they rarely ever get spun again. It's all about the MP3s these days.

Mp3 is the best way to go, scrtached cd's are a thing of the past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:40 pm

Slaytanic wrote:
Ripzz wrote:
Slaytanic wrote:

Mp3 is the best way to go, scrtached cd's are a thing of the past.

The one thing I don't get is people bitching about MP3 sound quality vs CDs. Rip them at a high bitrate and they sound fine as long as your sound card/speakers/MP3 player/headphones aren't a pile of shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 pm

Exactly, I have never once had issues with the quaility of a mp3, mind you I have an awesome stereo etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Slaytanic wrote:
Exactly, I have never once had issues with the quaility of a mp3, mind you I have an awesome stereo etc.

That's the way to go. Can't afford to be cheap with audio equipment tbh, it's not worth it. That said there are always some bands that sound like shit because they go super cheap on the production. AHEM Deeds of Flesh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:54 pm

Yeah Darkthrone dont have the best sound, doesn't take anything away from the awesomeness though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Darkthrone on their first album were killer. I even like their stuff afterwards. They pretty much sounded like an altered Entombed or some Swedish death metal band that was popular around 1990-1991. Yeah death metal Darkthrone all the way! xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:57 am

Completely random question here. But I've always wondered. Does anyone know what the Hoffman brothers are actually up to? They completely dropped off the death metal map after they got kicked out of Deicide (bar the few interviews they did bashing Glen and Steve lol).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:09 pm

The Hoffman brothers have decided to form a new band using Deicide's old name Amon. I may be wrong. It says so here, but this may be inaccurate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Interesting. Thanks for that, never figured anyone would use that name again.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:41 pm

Ok, I will explain something about death metal that has always bothered me.

I don't like music where you can't make out the lyrics... unless it's an instrumental album, then there's no lyrics at all. But there are so many death metal bands (and black metal too) where you can't make out one word that is being sung. What is the point of writing words for your songs if no one can understand them? I can only stand so much of the "grrrrrrrr owwwwwwwww grrrrrr oooooooooo grrrrrrrr" and I get really tired of it.

Anyone else feel this way too?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Honestly speaking, I used to, but I just got used to it and started listening closely. Now I can make out some, if not most ,of the lyrics
Back to top Go down
dr.nutslap

dr.nutslap

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:15 pm

i look at the vocals as another instrument and rarely (if ever) care about the lyrics
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/nutslap
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:43 pm

That's cool. To each his own eh
Back to top Go down
GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:47 pm

Indeed, Mash, Indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:50 pm

dr.nutslap wrote:
i look at the vocals as another instrument and rarely (if ever) care about the lyrics

Yeah i am the same, try explaining that to my wife, she doesn't quite get that bit.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:52 pm

I care about understanding what is being sung... that's all. I also don't care for songs in other languages other than English.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:07 pm

The majority of death metal vocalists have already said that they see their voice as an instrument - it isn't meant to be singing like in most music where you hear the lyrics - that's why a lyric sheet is provided. That said I can still understand just about every extreme vocal out there except the super-deep inhaled or pig squeeled vocals (a la Devourment/Amputated etc.) I guess after listening to the music for a while you get to understand it fluently.

The vocals are also something that keep the music underground - this music (not all bands), but extreme metal as a whole aims to be underground, and having extreme vocals makes it much less accessible. I can't tell you how many times I've had friends that don't listen to metal go "omg I love this song but I can't stand the vocals". Hell, the first time I heard growling it really put me off too - and in a way it's a good thing because the fact that it's such an exclusive thing makes the fans that much more dedicated, unlike say pop or mainstream rock.
Back to top Go down
Mash

Mash

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:25 pm

There are gutteral vocalists that pronounce words understandably while growling. I have listened to a lot of death metal over the years, and there are still many many bands where I don't understand ANY lyrics at all. For me personally, I like understanding the lyrics and vocals.

Take Paul Khur from Novembers Doom.... I can understand every word that he sings on every song they have. IMO he has one of the best guttural growls out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:48 pm

If I can dig the vocals, I personally don't care about the actual lyrics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:38 am

Mash wrote:
There are gutteral vocalists that pronounce words understandably while growling. I have listened to a lot of death metal over the years, and there are still many many bands where I don't understand ANY lyrics at all. For me personally, I like understanding the lyrics and vocals.

Take Paul Khur from Novembers Doom.... I can understand every word that he sings on every song they have. IMO he has one of the best guttural growls out there.

Well it really depends on the vocalist. Some vocalists use a less guttural approach or have really good enunciation because they want you to hear them (Corpsegrinder, Erik Lindmark, Erik Rutan, Ross Dolan, Glen Benton apart from the last record, Peter from Vader etc.) and some deliberately use really guttural vocals that can't be understood ( Mike Majewski, Mark Phlegeton, Lord Worm etc.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:36 pm

nice to see others share the same taste as me... I'm a huge Death and Melodeath fan.. those are my top 2 genres. I haven't been able to quite get into Black and Doom which kinda sux cuz my 2 concert buddies, that's all they talk about.. lol.. but I've really been getting into Tech-death lately.. stuff that's got jazz in it too like Gorod/Gorgasm (one of my top fav bands) and Trepalium (a new favorite band I just discovered). But then there's the harder ones like Decrepit Birth (whom I just saw live w/ Suffocation- very awesome show) and Psycroptic. Yeah I'd have to say Death is my favorite genre mainly cuz of how deverse it can be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:00 pm

You should get the new Ulcerate if you are into Gorod etc,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Death Metal Chat   Random Death Metal Chat - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Death Metal Chat
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next