Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Slayer

Go down 
    +10
    Set Abominae
    STK
    rawheavygreen
    mygga_med_stil
    Heat
    schadenfroh
    Vagabond
    Mash
    Voggis
    GodlessEndeavor
    14 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
    AuthorMessage
    Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:38 pm

slayer is undoubtedly one of, if not "the" greatest metal bands of all time...
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:07 pm

CliffBurton_ wrote:
    Reign in blood is a masterpiece of thrash metal, other albums even if they are at first am not evil.
    Dave Lombardo is my favorite drummer!

i second this
    Back to top Go down
    Podgie

Podgie

Number of posts : 320
    Registration date : 2009-07-03

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:09 pm

I'm not a huge Slayer fan, but you can't fault Reign in Blood. It's fucking furious metal classic. fuckface

I really like Show No Mercy and South of Heaven as well.. Their other albums are a little hit and miss for me though.
    Back to top Go down
    ThornsofCrimsonDeath
    Admin
    Admin
    ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
    Registration date : 2009-04-23

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:47 am

The 80's albums are great pieces of thrash, their new material has become boring to me though.
    Back to top Go down
    Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:13 am

The rumour says tht their new album World Painted Blood will be in the same direction as Seasons In the Abyss. For me Abyss was their last really good album....
    Back to top Go down
    http://voggis.blogspot.com/
    ThornsofCrimsonDeath
    Admin
    Admin
    ThornsofCrimsonDeath

Number of posts : 5414
    Registration date : 2009-04-23

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:38 am

Oh that sounds good. But i will not get my hopes hope, then i will just get so disappointed.
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:27 am

I have heard a few songs that have issued in streaming the new album, and frankly I do not like so much .. the drums sounded like the Kreator
    Back to top Go down
    STK

STK

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Nothing wrong with sounding like Kreator.
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:36 pm

I like their old shit...theres nothing wrong with it.....yes they went downhill recently compared to their old stuff...god hates us all was MEH

theyve had their ups and downs in the middle...but honestly...nowadays most of the good bands are turning into shit....its mostly a popularity contest now...in the old days people created music because they fucking wanted to...now its all changed :/

fuck that shit
    Back to top Go down
    STK

STK

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:54 pm

I totally prefer their first five albums. They are mandatory metal.
    Back to top Go down
    GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:54 am

Cheese wrote:
    I like their old shit...theres nothing wrong with it.....yes they went downhill recently compared to their old stuff...god hates us all was MEH

theyve had their ups and downs in the middle...but honestly...nowadays most of the good bands are turning into shit....its mostly a popularity contest now...in the old days people created music because they fucking wanted to...now its all changed :/

fuck that shit

*Sigh* Sadly the truth
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Number of posts : 10900
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:07 am

Wow, can't wait for this one...
    Back to top Go down
    https://hmpf.forumotion.com
    Voggis

Voggis

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Cheese wrote:

fuck that shit

I totaly don't agree. Nowadays most bands gives a shit what others do and write and record music they really want. In the late 80's and early 90's the popularity contest was eating up metal from the inside. The bands was more controled by their record companies and the biggest metal magazines like Kerrang! and Metal Hammer. Pick up a random Metal Hammer from 1994 and you find a six page interview with the hype band The Almighty (who listened to them anyway?) and maybe a 16 page Bon Jovi special. The editors of Metal Hammer even decided to not include anything in their magazines about death, speed, black metal or any other underground metal. They only wrote about bands that was big or bands that the magazines staff hyped beyond ridicolous....
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Vogg is 100% correct Cheesey...
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:35 pm

each to their own, but tbh thats what i found out from dl random new albums from newely emerged bands. they completely suck.plus, in the 80's and 90's vogg youre right, it was based off a popularity contest, but im talking about the underground bands. if you dl summat off some unknown band in the 80's or something, youll find it way better than something recent. maybe vogg is talking about heavy metal or power metal, and that would apply to that correctly. but when it comes to death metal, most of the new dm albums suck
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:48 pm

i agree with cheez about death metal, most of the new dm stuff is just boring and lacks that atmosphere that the old school dm had. there`s a lot of crap in every genre though :/
    Back to top Go down
    Heat
    Admin
    Admin
    Heat

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:49 pm

Star Wars rules
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 12:55 pm

face palm
    Back to top Go down
    Voggis

Voggis

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Death Metal is prolly the most narrow of all metal genres and maybe all the good and original ideas is already been used? There are so many things in the music that have to be "right" to be called Death Metal so it might affect the creativity of the bands. Thrash Metal is another quite narrow genre and new thrash bands seem to have problems coming up with some new groundbreaking and interesting stuff. It's prolly 15 years ago I heard a really good new thrash metal release.

Things gets more interesting as soon as they blend in other genres, like doom/death and power/speed/thrash for example.
    Back to top Go down
    Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Heat wrote:
    Star Wars rules

Fuck you, Star Trek eats Star Wars
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:38 pm

^^both of them suck Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Cheese wrote:
    ^^both of them suck Smile

I agree actually.

DUNE is where its at, bitches!
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:39 am

FO. Revenge Of The Sith and The Empire Strikes Back eat all Star Trek series on a breakfast.
    Back to top Go down
    Voggis

Voggis

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:47 am

OK, folks...back to the topic. SLAYER!

Note: I just started a Star Wars vs. Star Trek thread HERE!!!
    Back to top Go down
    Set Abominae

Set Abominae

Number of posts : 1156
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 3:10 am

i rarely buy cd's as im too broke to afford cd's most of the time... but ive loved slayer as long as i have loved metal.. which is a very good portion of my life
    my first ever album that i bought was reign in blood and i still treasure that thing and listen to it
    if this album is as good as slayer says it will be... it will be yet another slayer album i have bought
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Slayer - Page 5 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer
    Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next