Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Metal Meltdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Metal, All The Time

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wanna make a reply? Sign in to be a member. IT'S FREE!!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » ARE YOU GUYS ALIVE?!?!?!
    Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 am by metalfutte

» Helloween
    Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 4:53 am by Voggis

» Geocaching
    Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am by Voggis

» The Weather Right Now ~ Where You Are!
    Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 am by Voggis

» Beyond Mortal Dreams
    Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm by transearth

» Black Sabbath
    Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 am by ostler

» Now Playing
    Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 am by Voggis

» Michael Schenker
    Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:42 am by Voggis

» Mystic Prophecy
    Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:15 am by Voggis

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Slayer

Go down 
    +10
    Set Abominae
    STK
    rawheavygreen
    mygga_med_stil
    Heat
    schadenfroh
    Vagabond
    Mash
    Voggis
    GodlessEndeavor
    14 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
    AuthorMessage
    mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Number of posts : 674
    Registration date : 2009-03-26

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:51 am

Slaytanic wrote:
    Why call yourself Slayer if their is already a better known band out there with the same name?
    Seems like the band you linked to formed about the same time as Slayer.
    Back to top Go down
    Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:46 am

Slaytanic wrote:
    Why call yourself Slayer if their is already a better known band out there with the same name?

I guess it's on purpose...they know they have to change their name if they got signed, but at least they have now "hi-jacked" the Slayer tread here and prolly a lot of people have been over to their site on Earache and listened to their songs... Slayer - Page 4 965191
    Back to top Go down
    http://voggis.blogspot.com/

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:12 pm

S.A. Slayer. Hehe I wonder what they sound like. I've read about 'em, but never listened to 'em. Well the Slayer we all know and love just destroys S.A. Slayer.
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Voggis wrote:
    Slaytanic wrote:

I guess it's on purpose...they know they have to change their name if they got signed, but at least they have now "hi-jacked" the Slayer tread here and prolly a lot of people have been over to their site on Earache and listened to their songs... Slayer - Page 4 965191

hahaha sly markteing move!!!

Slayer \m/
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:45 am

D\L me some slayaaaaaah
    Back to top Go down
    mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:52 am

Well, it's official now. Slayer is going on tour with Megadeth after so many years. With Machine Head and Suicide Silence as support.
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:06 am

mygga_med_stil wrote:
    Well, it's official now. Slayer is going on tour with Megadeth after so many years. With Machine Head and Suicide Silence as support.

Interesting. I thought Dave Mustaine was up on his high horse about touring with any bands that have negative lyrics about Christianity since he 'found God'. I remember they got Rotting Christ kicked off the bill in Greece. How fucking arrogant do you have to be to get a band kicked off the bill in their home country?
    Back to top Go down
    rawheavygreen

rawheavygreen

Number of posts : 283
    Registration date : 2009-04-21

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:16 am

who the fuck would kick rotting christ off a show. wtf.
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:24 pm

Dave Mustaine is a fucking clown, born again christians are the worst thing, they are all so high and mighty, they think because god has "forgiven" their sins that they can do no wrong.
    Back to top Go down
    mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:55 pm

Slaytanic wrote:
    born again christians
    Slayer - Page 4 Christians
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Slayer do what they say on the tin. And they thrash hard. They are by no means the best band ever but they're an institution, they're reliably good in album terms and a lot of people say they're reliably the best ever live. Or at least hard to beat. I've not seen them but they'd be fun.

Slayer are a band every real metal fan at least likes a lot.
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:44 pm

Slayer rules! Their new album will be better than Christ Illusion.
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:57 pm

I hope they will play long yet, but Tom Araya told something about the end...
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Yes, not all bands last forever and ever like the Rolling Stones. Oh well. Yeah, I'm gonna miss Slayer when they go.
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:43 pm

fuck. yes. slayer.
    Back to top Go down
    STK

STK

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:21 pm

rawheavygreen wrote:
    who the fuck would kick rotting christ off a show. wtf.

Not what happened. The record company kicked RC off. I don't know the full story but yeah it wasn't Mustaine.

Slayer rules though.
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:40 pm

STK is right. It was the label who did it.
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Say:"God Hates Us Alls"

with "s" in the and of the word "All" O_o

say it twice or more until you get it

Slayer Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Back to top Go down
    Voggis

Voggis

Number of posts : 3559

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:26 am

Ripzz wrote:
    mygga_med_stil wrote:

Interesting. I thought Dave Mustaine was up on his high horse about touring with any bands that have negative lyrics about Christianity since he 'found God'.

I'm surprised that Dave actually will share the same bill with Slayer after the ill-fated Clash Of the Titans tour in 1991, which ended with a dispute between the bands after Tom Araya called Dave "a washed-up homo" Slayer - Page 4 965191

Slayer don't have many negative songs about Christianity. There were some on Show No Mercy I think, but later their lyrics haven't been much about religion at all. From Hell Awaits most of their lyrics have been about the evil and dark side of historic events, serial killers and so forth...

I think labeling Slayer as a "satan-band" or "satan-worshippers" it's one of the biggest misconceptions towards the band, and Tom Araya have openly said that he is a Catholic.
    Back to top Go down
    http://voggis.blogspot.com/

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

The first album is still the best for me. One of the best thrash metal albums I've ever heard.
    Back to top Go down
    Mash

Mash

Number of posts : 2822

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:49 am

Voggis wrote:

I think labeling Slayer as a "satan-band" or "satan-worshippers" it's one of the biggest misconceptions towards the band, and Tom Araya have openly said that he is a Catholic.

I think calling any band "satan worshippers" just because they have songs about Satan and Satan worshiping is ignorant and misinformed...
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.last.fm/user/Metalmash666

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:07 am

Mash wrote:
    Voggis wrote:

I think calling any band "satan worshippers" just because they have songs about Satan and Satan worshiping is ignorant and misinformed...

Tale that to the black metal fans (nothing personal) What a Face
    Back to top Go down
    mygga_med_stil

mygga_med_stil

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:03 am

Voggis wrote:

I'm surprised that Dave actually will share the same bill with Slayer after the ill-fated Clash Of the Titans tour in 1991, which ended with a dispute between the bands after Tom Araya called Dave "a washed-up homo" Slayer - Page 4 965191

Hopefully they've put their differences aside after 18 years.
    Back to top Go down

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:41 am

Reign in blood is a masterpiece of thrash metal, other albums even if they are at first am not evil.
    Dave Lombardo is my favorite drummer!
    Back to top Go down
    GodlessEndeavor

GodlessEndeavor

Number of posts : 1472

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:45 pm

Shit, I haven't listened to these guys in a while o-O. Methinks I'll listen to their first two when I can
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Slayer - Page 4 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Slayer   Slayer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer
    Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next